• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Western comics.
11 11

2,258 posts in this topic

Great books, damonwad, as usual. (thumbs u Lotta Kirby in the Black Rider one shot, rounded out with a Colan and a Powell story. Can't go wrong with that lineup.

And the All Western Winners 2 and the 3 below both apparently have a Heath story. Can you tell it's him?

Love this Shores cover. Yahoo, Satan!

AllWesternWinners03fc100_zpse953909d.jpg

Great books, damonwad, as usual. (thumbs u Lotta Kirby in the Black Rider one shot, rounded out with a Colan and a Powell story. Can't go wrong with that lineup.

And the All Western Winners 2 and the 3 below both apparently have a Heath story. Can you tell it's him?

Love this Shores cover. Yahoo, Satan!

AllWesternWinners03fc100_zpse953909d.jpg

Thanks Doc and I really like your AWW #3. Definitely one of my favorite Black Rider covers.

Also, I haven't seen the insides of #3 but you can tell it's Heath on the 5 pager in the #2. Obviously early in his career though.

Here's the Black Rider about 10 years later. Severin cover with 3 Kirby stories.

The Kirby splash is from my reader copy.

BlackRiderRidesAgain_zps320c9de2.jpg

BlackRiderRidesAgainOriginSplash_zps280d6f43.jpg

:cloud9:

....I love this comic. At one time I owned 3 copies.... the Toronto, Jerry Weist's copy, and a reader that was autographed by Jack AND Roz Kirby ....... and I still keep checking out the slabbed 7.0 w/ white pages on eBay ..... GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Here's the Black Rider about 10 years later. Severin cover with 3 Kirby stories.

The Kirby splash is from my reader copy.

BlackRiderRidesAgain_zps320c9de2.jpg

BlackRiderRidesAgainOriginSplash_zps280d6f43.jpg

:cloud9:

....I love this comic. At one time I owned 3 copies.... the Toronto, Jerry Weist's copy, and a reader that was autographed by Jack AND Roz Kirby ....... and I still keep checking out the slabbed 7.0 w/ white pages on eBay ..... GOD BLESS....

That's a nice little hoard you had there.

I don't think I've seen a comic signed by Jack and the mrs. before. Did they sign it for you personally or were the sigs there when you bought it?

They were on it when I got it..... came from the Bunky Bro's. It was definitely authentic. My buddy Lewis ended up with it..... he'd wanted a copy for years and couldn't find one...... pre internet, this was a book you just weren't going to find. I got the Toronto from Atlas Fan....it was once top certified before it was dis-entombed. Yours is probably tied with the Weist copy for top now.... but I haven't checked the census in a while. GOD BLESS...

Edited by jimjum12

They were on it when I got it..... came from the Bunky Bro's. It was definitely authentic. My buddy Lewis ended up with it..... he'd wanted a copy for years and couldn't find one...... pre internet, this was a book you just weren't going to find. I got the Toronto from Atlas Fan....it was once top certified before it was dis-entombed. Yours is probably tied with the Weist copy for top now.... but I haven't checked the census in a while. GOD BLESS...

Thanks for the info.

I only collected X-Men, Spidey, etc... pre internet days, so I can only imagine how tough it must have been to find obscure titles like this.

Thanks for the info.

I only collected X-Men, Spidey, etc... pre internet days, so I can only imagine how tough it must have been to find obscure titles like this.

.... it's hard for me to imagine you collecting mainstream Marvel.... but I guess we all did at one time. I must confess, though...... I'll always get excited when I run across a nice copy of a '63 Marvel :cloud9: ....I still wonder what Black Rider Rides Again # 2 would have looked like, but it was a victim of the implosion and it's contents were salted into other titles like Gunsmoke Western. GOD BLESS....

Thanks for the info.

.... it's hard for me to imagine you collecting mainstream Marvel.... but I guess we all did at one time. I must confess, though...... I'll always get excited when I run across a nice copy of a '63 Marvel :cloud9: ....I still wonder what Black Rider Rides Again # 2 would have looked like, but it was a victim of the implosion and it's contents were salted into other titles like Gunsmoke Western. GOD BLESS....

I definitely would love to have seen Black Rider Rides Again #2.

I'll always love the early Marvels but I try to limit my collecting to books guaranteed to go down in guide every year lol .

Sometimes though, I get tempted to start picking up some Fine range readers just to relive my collecting youth. I'm afraid I won't be able to stop once I start though.

I saw a copy of this AAW 113 Toth book for the first time last year, maybe adamstrange? anyway, knew I had to get it someday, and someday is now. Right place, right time, right price. So that's one of the Toths down.

AllAmericanWestern113Epsonfc100_zps5ebe38f7.jpg

... I'm fond of that one also :golfclap: GOD BLESS....

I saw a copy of this AAW 113 Toth book for the first time last year, maybe adamstrange? anyway, knew I had to get it someday, and someday is now. Right place, right time, right price. So that's one of the Toths down.

AllAmericanWestern113Epsonfc100_zps5ebe38f7.jpg

... I'm fond of that one also :golfclap: GOD BLESS....

Beautiful cover!

And the Black Rider above too!