• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Batman collecting thread
1 1

750 posts in this topic

The guy I got this from said he bought it new off the stand.

Batman112.jpg

Wow! Batman 112 we hardly ever see in these here parts and now we get two fabulous ones on the very same page!

(thumbs u

BTW, did you get the name of the newsstand?

???

I did not get the name. I probably can still contact this guy though. He was selling his books in 2001 and I was very excited to buy some.

And another. I also bought some Adventures and Superboys.

Yes, I remember now that you've mentioned him before.

Classic SA cover and story.

DetectiveComics267.jpg

Cool! The intro of Bat-Mite! He was an anti-hero before the term was even invented.

(thumbs u

Edited by Hepcat

Just one this one off of Ebay the other day. It is one of the four I need to complete 100 to current. I have a 111 and 118, but they are low grade and don't meet my standards(6.0).

9568278661_814a968ccd_b.jpg

That 107 is very scare--maybe even rare-as I very rarely see a copy. Congrats!!

SLR

This is as good a time and thread as any to recount the most infamous Batman story of them all. Yes, the lurid boner saga in which Batman attempts to top the Joker's best efforts! The seeds of this contest are planted when the Joker's puny boner makes front page news:

ABoner.png

Determined to never be caught short again, the Joker first bones up on the subject:

ABoner3.jpg

The awesome boners he then unleashes soon draw rave headlines:

ABoner2.jpg

Batman responds by valiantly matching the Joker boner for boner:

ABoner10.jpg

ABoner5.jpg

ABoner4.jpg

The Joker then raises the ante by making Batman himself the target of his next boner:

ABoner14.jpg

ABoner12.jpg

This unexpected development seems to have Batman at a loss. His heavy handed approach to crime fighting isn't the answer. It doesn't seem to occur to him that a woman's tender touch may be necessary, specifically that of Catwoman who's known across Gotham for more than just lipservice when action is needed. But would Catwoman now be willing to lend a helping hand when Batman has spent years rejecting her advances preferring instead to humiliate her by sending her off to prison?

ABatwoman2.gif

Acat_marry.gif

Batman-and-Catwoman-batman-7454606-600-365.jpg

No, she wasn't there for ole Bats this time. The Caped Crusader would have to face up to what was coming from the Joker himself. The experience probably left poor Batman with deep and abiding emotional scars. Poor Robin....

:insane:

Edited by Hepcat