• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,102 posts in this topic

Very pleased to present my newest ticket to this club. A few hits of amateur resto and a Slightly Brittle page notation kept the price way reasonable in the last ComicConnect auction (the book was slabbed CGC 1.8 slight-A). The pages are actually nice and supple, with just a few small chips at some of the corner areas. Perfect reader copy...

tec34_zps2b1eae9c.jpg

And maybe this is common knowledge, but it's new to me and I thought it was interesting. It looks like this book's splash page art was later 'borrowed' for Batman 1, which came out in 1940.

tec34splash_zps0f7dfd1f.jpg

Very pleased to present my newest ticket to this club. A few hits of amateur resto and a Slightly Brittle page notation kept the price way reasonable in the last ComicConnect auction (the book was slabbed CGC 1.8 slight-A). The pages are actually nice and supple, with just a few small chips at some of the corner areas. Perfect reader copy...

tec34_zps2b1eae9c.jpg

:golfclap: Nice pick up, but to call her a readers copy?? this book transcends such nominal terminology. Be proud of her! and consider yourself lucky I was tapped out of cash at the time, as I was bidding against you... : )

:golfclap: Nice pick up, but to call her a readers copy?? this book transcends such nominal terminology. Be proud of her! and consider yourself lucky I was tapped out of cash at the time, as I was bidding against you... : )

Fair point! By reading copy I meant "a copy I will enjoy reading", not that the book is a total dog or anything...heck, my screen name should give you a good sense of how exacting my grade standards are. As you say, I am quite proud of it, so it's found a good home.

Sorry though that you missed out... :( If it's any consolation, #34 seems to be the most common of the pre-Robins and usually the cheapest as well, so hopefully there's another one out there with your name on it.

And maybe this is common knowledge, but it's new to me and I thought it was interesting. It looks like this book's splash page art was later 'borrowed' for Batman 1, which came out in 1940.

tec34splash_zps0f7dfd1f.jpg

Very interesting and cool to note. They filled in a bit more of the cape but it sure is the same image and used the same way. Nice catch and cool pick up.

James G

So after a lot of work and the help of one AWESOME Rick/Gator I have gotten to this point, a life time dream!

comicstecrun.jpg

Now all I need is 31-37 ;-)

James G

Yay! You did it James!!!! Way to go brother (worship)

So after a lot of work and the help of one AWESOME Rick/Gator I have gotten to this point, a life time dream!

comicstecrun.jpg

James G

Congratulations are in order James. :applause:

A copy of Detective Comics #27, in any condition, much less one that presents as nicely as yours is something to be commended.

Your run looks absolutely fantastic. (worship)

Kudos to you sir. :golfclap:

comicstecrun.jpg

James G

(thumbs u congrats. The tougher part of the run is done...all down hill now after the 31... Edited by Primetime