• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Pre-Robin Tec Club
18 18

5,102 posts in this topic

Since I am a owner of a tec 29 my opinion might be considered a little biased but I think that the tec 29 is and should be at least if not more valuable then a tec 31.

Few reasons why:

29 copies on the reg vs 44 for the tec 31

2nd cover of batman vs 3rd cover

Both covers are iconic(I think 29 is better and I know lots of others do as well)

If I see incomplete tec 31s go for 25k I would think a complete 29 should go for if not more but at least the same value.

Tec 29 1.0 sold back in March of 2011 for 9800.. We saying it didn't grow for 4 years?

Maybe the book doesn't move enough for it to really get its full value.

just my 2 cents..

Ricky

I hear you R. I like 29 as much as 31. However, most collectors are nuts over 31. Good look with the push for 29. :wishluck:

Since I am a owner of a tec 29 my opinion might be considered a little biased but I think that the tec 29 is and should be at least if not more valuable then a tec 31.

Few reasons why:

Both covers are iconic(I think 29 is better and I know lots of others do as well)

If I see incomplete tec 31s go for 25k I would think a complete 29 should go for if not more but at least the same value.

Tec 29 1.0 sold back in March of 2011 for 9800.. We saying it didn't grow for 4 years?

just my 2 cents..

Ricky

All legit points. I know plenty of 29 fans. The 29/31 are neck in neck as far as popularity but I think the 31 would have slightly more votes. What is true is that blue label 31s have been more scarce in the public/private market the past three years.

I believe in the 29 so much, that I mortgaged the house,

<a  href=tec2970_zps15ea91a9.jpg' alt='tec2970_zp

haha...I had to literally convince you to buy that book from me...was like pulling teeth

lol

I could see the book for what it was at the time but couldn't afford it.

Strange how things change.

lol

I could see the book for what it was at the time but couldn't afford it.

Strange how things change.

given that this is the only gorgeous 7.0 29, it is the same copy...owned it for years, and had many folks "want" to buy it, but no one (until bunky) ponied up...

Few reasons why:

just my 2 cents..

Ricky

There isn't anything like the TEC31 cover and it certainly has become more iconic.

There are several TEC covers that to me look similar to 29. That being said, I prefer 29.

<a  href=tec2970_zps15ea91a9.jpg' alt='tec2970_zp

Wow. Beautiful. Congrats.

Does anyone have a scan of the highest graded universal copy?

that's the Allentown 9.6. Someone has a scan of that one.