The Pre-Robin Tec Club
16 16

4,462 posts in this topic

1,758 posts
I wanted the tec 32 but the top staple looks completely rusted. :(

I thought you were going to buy that one Peter and get Kenny to replace the staple.

23,240 posts

I thought you were going to buy that one Peter and get Kenny to replace the staple.

Yeah but that would make it purple. No ?

Have 0 issues with a purple 32 but not at a 10k price tag.

1,508 posts
Tec 36 CGC 4.5 blue sold on CLink last night for $13,750. Previous sale in the same grade was only three months ago @ $12,200. Seller did very well, considering they bought the book raw on eBay only a few months ago. The book presents much better after a press, and possible dry cleaning (?).

And...I thought coverless but complete Tec 27's were roughly $30k...? And yet, a coverless copy / no centerfold / slightly brittle just sold for $27,500. Wow.

I have to admit that I was a little surprised about the Tec 36 price being so high, but then again, nothing surprises me in the Pre-Robin Tec world anymore. As for the Tec 27, possibly the fact that it was incomplete and didn't have the best page quality kept it under 30k. (shrug)

I think that is pretty close to the mark price wise. There just isn't anything available in any type of lower price range. The 6.5 Extensive went for 107+ and I think that is pretty close to the buy in price for any complete copy. I think a nice interior would bring 40K range.. At this point it seems there are 3 or 4 action 1 for every detective 27 we are seeing.

James G

1,570 posts

On the Tec 36 I stopped at $12,750. Would like to have it but would have to sell a comic that I would probably regret to help pay for it.

I never saw it on ebay or I might have made a run on it then.

1,758 posts

Yeah but that would make it purple. No ?

Have 0 issues with a purple 32 but not at a 10k price tag.

It might make it a conserved purple but not a restored purple. (shrug)

Anyways, I totally get what you are saying, especially for 10k

11,513 posts

I too didnt bid on the Tec 36. Thought it went for a strong price. Colors on it are killer, but too bad the cf is detached. Saw the book on ebay, but didn't bid strong enough to win. I should've bid higher.

12,413 posts
On the Tec 36 I stopped at $12,750. Would like to have it but would have to sell a comic that I would probably regret to help pay for it.

your sig line is looking good lately Leroy :)

1,570 posts

your sig line is looking good lately Leroy :)

Thanks

Your 29 would fit nicely in my signature line. :baiting:

561 posts
Tec 36 CGC 4.5 blue sold on CLink last night for $13,750. Previous sale in the same grade was only three months ago @ $12,200. Seller did very well, considering they bought the book raw on eBay only a few months ago. The book presents much better after a press, and possible dry cleaning (?).

And...I thought coverless but complete Tec 27's were roughly $30k...? And yet, a coverless copy / no centerfold / slightly brittle just sold for $27,500. Wow.

I have to admit that I was a little surprised about the Tec 36 price being so high, but then again, nothing surprises me in the Pre-Robin Tec world anymore. As for the Tec 27, possibly the fact that it was incomplete and didn't have the best page quality kept it under 30k. (shrug)

I think that is pretty close to the mark price wise. There just isn't anything available in any type of lower price range. The 6.5 Extensive went for 107+ and I think that is pretty close to the buy in price for any complete copy. I think a nice interior would bring 40K range.. At this point it seems there are 3 or 4 action 1 for every detective 27 we are seeing.

James G

In the long run a 3:1 /4:1 ratio marketwise could tip the balance between the big two. A least if one is expecting to see the supply vs. demand equation kick in. Or ... ? did I miss something. Then I will gladly be educated :banana:

1,508 posts

The numbers are almost the same for total graded copies. The tec is certainly hard to get in high grade.

Action 35 Blue 1 Green 27 Purple Detective 30 Blue 1 Green 31 Purple.

That being said I know that some of the .5 and 1./1.5 copies of Detective 27 have been restored so it is possible they are listed twice.

I always felt it was pretty well accepted that the Detective 27 was rarer and that action 1 just had an edge with demand.

James G

23,240 posts
:applause:

30,074 posts
Just picked up this old label beauty. Not quite pre-Robin, but...I don know where else it would go! lol

Tec38_35a_zpsemworybj.jpg

fantastic book :applause:

10,334 posts
Just picked up this old label beauty. Not quite pre-Robin, but...I don know where else it would go! lol

Awesome colours on that ! Big time congrats! (thumbs u

-J.

2,528 posts

That is absolutely beautiful! I love that friggin' cover! Tec 38 needs a club!

23,240 posts
Tec 38 needs a club!

Please start one so I can send out a few buy requests lol

2,528 posts

I've offered you two copies in the last 6 months Peter--you're too picky !! :)

1,758 posts

Congratulations Court. This is a beautiful copy.

23,240 posts

only 1 copy :makepoint: too high to have restored.

30,074 posts

you didn't offer me any :(