• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

does anyone collect mid-grade silver age?

48 posts in this topic

6.5-7.5 is my sweet spot. Lots of good value and eye appeal in mid grade. The bulk of my silver collection is 4.5-7.5.

Well said. There is typically a big price gap between 7.5 and 8.0, and the differences appearance-wise in the two are generally negligible. So I like "value" purchases in the 6.5 to 7.5 range for books over $200. Also, speculators tend to park there short-term investment in the 8.5 and up range, which (depending on the book) can make pricing on 8.5 and up books volatile.

Wow.... a vintage 2002 thread. I haven't seen a Murph0 post in years. I kept looking for a SullyPython post...... those guys were a riot. .....and yes, 7.5 is the best bargain in comics.... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

3 hours ago, Richard Nevarez said:

"Does anyone collect mid grade silver age?" ---

No, as lots of collector demand for low grade and affordable semi-keys paying double g/vg guide, or elite/advanced 2c collectors paying 1.5 to 2.0 x Guide for 'investment' grade pressable comics. "Has this been pressed yet?" queries at cons. 

I just liked a 17 year old post.:bigsmile:

Good looking mid grade silver age books are right up my alley!