• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Star Comics by Marvel
2 2

184 posts in this topic

I have a sweet Star group shot on the works. I may have to do it in bunches. I forgot that I did a buy from Ed Koch in the late 90s that had a bunch of Star #1s in it. :cloud9:

The former Mayor of New York was selling comics in the 90's....?

hm

Guess he needed to slum it...

;)

I have a sweet Star group shot on the works. I may have to do it in bunches. I forgot that I did a buy from Ed Koch in the late 90s that had a bunch of Star #1s in it. :cloud9:

The former Mayor of New York was selling comics in the 90's....?

hm

Guess he needed to slum it...

;)

lol no, wait . . . :roflmao:

As far as I was concerned in the 80's and 90's Joe Koch was the mayor of New York!!

So, we've got a thread about Star comics with 20 posts, and nobody has mentioned "Peter Porker: The Spectacular Spider-Ham".

What the Juststopit.DoyouWANTastrike???? (shrug)

One of my all-time favorite series. Actually, the only series I had a mail-order subscription to.

If anybody has potential 9.8 copies of any Spider-Ham book (apart fro the "Marvel Tails" book), let me know if you want to get rid of anything.

Ridiculously tough series for some reason. I have a few 9.8 candidates, but they'll probably go to CGC at some point. (thumbs u

If you do ever send them in (to CGC) and get any 9.8's back (that you're willing to part with), let me know.

Minimal submissions and even less 9.8's on the entire series.

Guide value of #2-17 is $4/ea; so you can pull these out of $1 boxes.

I'm putting up a standing offer (until I cancel it) of $60 per issue of Spider-Ham #2-17 in CGC 9.8. I'll pay shipping costs from you to me (so I pay you $60 + shipping from you to me). Once I get an issue in 9.8, that book is closed. I'm trying to put together a 9.8 run of the series for my personal collection.

As an added aside, I will put my personal/board/human rep on the line, I am not trying to buy these books for a flip. If I buy a CGC 9.8 PPTSSPH from you (for $60 + shipping from you to me), this book will reside in my personal collection for 5 years minimum before the book would ever change hands or be available. If you ever see the book change hands, change serial numbers, up for sale, etc...I'll give you another $60 for each book.

No BS.

Let me know if you can help me out.

:baiting:

scan0013-2.jpg

It seems to be missing the slab.

The only Star title that I bothered to complete. I was very happy when Mr. Porker began a new series in Marvel Tales.

Does anyone know what issue was his last in this title? Believe it or not, the OSPG doesn't bother to break it out. The nerve!

There's a good chance this is the last app of Spider-Ham in Marvel Tales #219

marveltales219-f.jpg

We are Flintstone kids....10 million strong....and growing....

What can I say, I'm an ad-man's wet dream....

Damn, you are not that much younger than I am. I remember it as "We are Flintstones Kids, eight million strong and growing . . ."

Damn, you are not that much younger than I am. I remember it as "We are Flintstones Kids, eight million strong and growing . . ."

(looks at clock)

Huh. You're up late.

(looks at clock)

Huh. You're up late.

Yeah, and your phone is broken.

(looks at clock)

Huh. You're up late.

Yeah, and your phone is broken.

That was you?

Dipstick, why didn't you say "THIS IS SEAN"...? I was standing right there!

But yes my phone is, in fact, broken. ;)

zzz

:mad: Found a good half-box

IMG00019-20100826-2208.jpg

IMG00021-20100826-2210.jpg

IMG00022-20100826-2211.jpg

IMG00024-20100826-2212.jpg

IMG00029-20100826-2229.jpg

IMG00030-20100826-2230.jpg

The #4 Picture frame is 9.8+ :cloud9:

IMG00031-20100826-2231.jpg

IMG00032-20100826-2233.jpg

IMG00034-20100826-2234.jpg