• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

post your favorite cover from a "run" you collect

453 posts in this topic

This run has some incredible art and surprisingly well written stories. And great covers!

scan0003-2.jpg

Sweet! I have the original color guide lying around somewhere.

This run has some incredible art and surprisingly well written stories. And great covers!

scan0003-2.jpg

Wow! That would be cool to see.

scan0003-2.jpg

You're in luck as I was able to find it fairly easily.

Now if I could only find a nice copy of the book.

Unseen14guide.jpg

I generally do not post my Dells on the boards figuring no one would care but I pulled some of them to scan for this thread.

So here are the current favorites for some of the Dell series I collect, starting with Lassie -

Isnt there a prize winning Matt Baker cover from this run, complete with parakeets?

Here it is :)

102916.jpg.c49d6b77eb1ac96e3a2aeed92037f8a4.jpg

scan0003-2.jpg

You're in luck as I was able to find it fairly easily.

Now if I could only find a nice copy of the book.

Unseen14guide.jpg

That is neat. Thanks for posting it. :thumbsup:

I generally do not post my Dells on the boards figuring no one would care but I pulled some of them to scan for this thread.

So here are the current favorites for some of the Dell series I collect, starting with Lassie -

Isnt there a prize winning Matt Baker cover from this run, complete with parakeets?

That's a beautiful cover. :applause:

102875.jpg

That looks like a typical Lassie painting (a very nice one!) but then you notice the Mayan glyphs in the background. Is the reflective of the interior story?

http://www.classicimages.com/articles/2010/06/02/past_articles/movies%20in%20comics.txt

"the comic book has some of the most beautiful artwork drawn from the era. Covers usually depicted Lassie frolicking with various birds, frogs, chicks, monkeys, turtles, cats, or puppies. One particularly vivid cover image was issue #21, which showed Lassie taking drastic action by hurrying with a first-aid kit. This cover, along with #20 and #22, was drawn by Matt Baker"

Check out #21 and look at the eyes - and it's the same style as #32 - but I cant recall where I read that it was an award winner!

?style=default