TWD TV SHOW--Offical Discussion Thread
11 11

10,795 posts in this topic

299 posts
3 hours ago, StephenWA said:

In the UK, we have to wait 24 hours - we get it Monday night at 9pm (followed by Talking Dead).

But yes. SUPER-excited for more Whisperers....

I will be in London Sunday March 24 thru Friday March 29.   So you're saying I cannot watch it Sunday night?  I guess that makes sense given the UK is 5 to 8 hours ahead of the US depending on time zone and all the spoilers would be known before the US shows air.  I likely have a client dinner that night, will probably miss it anyway and have to catch up on the next weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,713 posts

Just caught up on the last two episodes. .... and loving it. 

Still makes me excited for Sunday nights.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39,969 posts

Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead. :sumo:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,298 posts

Another phenomenal episode!!! I just wish they lasted longer :cry:

Loving the mirroring of the comics, too - makes me super anxious for what's to come! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
299 posts

Looking forward to seeing whose head ends up on a pike!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,878 posts

Guys. I have resurrected. Good to be back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,720 posts
Posted (edited)

So...Fear The Walking Dead

Season 5

Episode 1

Was very bloody good. Much more like it used to be - no idiotic stuff, decent --script, sensible plot.

Long may it continue.

Edited by Beige

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
684 posts
12 hours ago, Beige said:

So...Fear The Walking Dead

Season 5

Episode 1

Was very bloody good. Much more like it used to be - no idiotic stuff, decent ---script, sensible plot.

Long may it continue.

I am looking forward to Dwight showing up.  But yeah Episode 1 was really well done.

They have come a LONG way with Fear and have shown that anyone is fair game to die.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
243 posts
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Beige said:

So...Fear The Walking Dead

Season 5

Episode 1

Was very bloody good. Much more like it used to be - no idiotic stuff, decent ----script, sensible plot.

Long may it continue.

I thought pretty much exactly the opposite. My wife and I laughed out loud at a few moments that definitely were not supposed to be funny. 

I guess my biggest question right now is why do they care so much about the factory if their new "mission" is simply to help people? Why not just say :censored: it and move on? I mean they had a plane! And they should've seen the betrayal coming from a mile away. 

Edited by Kon_Jelly
swearing filters are dumb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,720 posts
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Kon_Jelly said:

I thought pretty much exactly the opposite. My wife and I laughed out loud at a few moments that definitely were not supposed to be funny. 

I guess my biggest question right now is why do they care so much about the factory if their new "mission" is simply to help people? Why not just say :censored: it and move on? I mean they had a plane! And they should've seen the betrayal coming from a mile away. 

Probably because the factory is where they stored the supplies they were giving away.....

The factory was owned by L + C

C being the guy who started the 'box drops' - L being Luthor who wanted his factory full of supplies back.

 

No factory of goods - no helping boxes programme.

Did you miss all the beds, medical bay etc set up in the factory?

It was their 'home base' - but yeah, leaving it unguarded was stupid.

If you laughed at this one, god knows what you thought of the hotel arc!

 

Still - I'm quite happy for you to disagree! :foryou:

Edited by Beige

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,720 posts

Fear returns after mid-season break.

Best episode yet.

Set's up the series to go where i always wanted it to - rebuilding society.

Matt Frewer though is poor - I hope they resist the temptation to make him another 'Govenor/Negan'  - the show doesn't need to try to be the original Walking Dead show.

It's morphed into something better this season - very much on pat with Seasons 1-4 of the original show.

It's a good time to give this another try - start at the beginning of last season and give it a chance.

9/10

Massive improvement.

Morgan and Dwights characters are so much better in this show - but JD still rocks! :headbang:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
684 posts
13 hours ago, Beige said:

Fear returns after mid-season break.

Best episode yet.

Set's up the series to go where i always wanted it to - rebuilding society.

Matt Frewer though is poor - I hope they resist the temptation to make him another 'Govenor/Negan'  - the show doesn't need to try to be the original Walking Dead show.

It's morphed into something better this season - very much on pat with Seasons 1-4 of the original show.

It's a good time to give this another try - start at the beginning of last season and give it a chance.

9/10

Massive improvement.

Morgan and Dwights characters are so much better in this show - but JD still rocks! :headbang:

Where I am the opposite.  I am disappointed they have not user Frewer as a larger villain yet.  I feel they have wasted his potential.

And this season has been WAY too unbelievable, even being a show about a zombie end of the world scenario.  The whole plane situation was just too far out to me.  Literally none of them implied they had any mechanical background to essentially build a plane from scratch before they just did it.

I think they still need to find their stride in some fashion.

5/10 this season so far after the early episodes.

I do like Dwight and Morgan being in this series.  But it is sad that each episode I pray for a major death to bring something to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,720 posts
11 hours ago, Crops068 said:

Where I am the opposite.  I am disappointed they have not user Frewer as a larger villain yet.  I feel they have wasted his potential.

And this season has been WAY too unbelievable, even being a show about a zombie end of the world scenario.  The whole plane situation was just too far out to me.  Literally none of them implied they had any mechanical background to essentially build a plane from scratch before they just did it.

I think they still need to find their stride in some fashion.

5/10 this season so far after the early episodes.

I do like Dwight and Morgan being in this series.  But it is sad that each episode I pray for a major death to bring something to it.

Each to their own I guess.

It seems we are the only 2 people left watching it on this forum anyway!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
684 posts
8 hours ago, Beige said:

Each to their own I guess.

It seems we are the only 2 people left watching it on this forum anyway!

@BladeTX Is still watching, but he has been pretty busy as of late.  So he might not have seen the topic.

But yes, I agree to each their own and where our opinions do not coincide, I still respect yours. :)

Keep enjoying it and I will keep loathing it (until it changes). ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
68 posts

im watching and think this season is pretty lousy. I really thought the show was great and hit a stride when they did the big re-cast but has since slowly died back down.  this latest episode I thought may have been the worst episode of the entire franchise.  was extremely boring.  it felt like more of a recap for people who have never seen the show before.  and can we get over this whole leave a box thing, we get it, it doesn't need to drag out and be the entire premise of the show.  you can leave boxes while doing a bigger story line to keep continuity but to keep it as a main focus is just dull.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
11 11