• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic store owner shoots robbery suspects..again

155 posts in this topic

Burglar Fatally Shot by Card Shop Owner

In the 2003 case, turns out one of the thieves had a tire iron on him during the break-in.

(shrug)

Yeah the guy who broke in just seemed to know that the owner was going to be there and brought along the tire iron not as a tool to break into his shop but to kill everyone inside at 3:00 a.m. hmmm.... hm

And the chances of the owner NOT being hit by the tire iron if he had tried to stop him by hand?

If I was the owner and I was feeling threatened by someone I would shoot him.

But what I don't understand is if you've already been in that situation before, why put yourself in that situation again? Most Burglars want to sneak into a place, steal what they can and leave. They try to avoid confrontations by attacking at night when they think no one is around. If they are that brazened to run at someone with a tire iron then why not just walk into the store during working hours and kill everyone inside and then take what they want. I don't believe that most thieves are killers. Yes there are some out there but they are few and far between in my opinion.

WTTB! I dont know why people cant just have their own opinions without being called ignorant?

Because holding certain opinions makes you ignorant. How else would you define "ignorant" other than lacking in wisdom and knowledge?

And how do you recognize such a lack? When someone holds an opinion that is contradicted by either known facts or common sense.

I recognize that everyone has the "right" to their own opinion. That does not in any way imply that all opinions are equally valid.

I think liberals are IGNORANT because they can't understand basic conservative values. But try convincing one of that. They seem to always be right.

The above poster makes my point. He thinks he is right and everyone else is ignorant. If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything. again IMO

Umm...everyone thinks they're right. Otherwise, they would change their opinion. I'm no different than you in that regard.

But to be clear:

1) Thinking all liberals, or all black people, or all anybody, are ignorant is the height of ignorance. I don't label groups and attack them, as you seem to do, I respond to individuals and the thoughts that they post.

2) I didn't say everyone else is wrong. Just a few posters in this thread. And there were several that agreed with at least parts of what I said. Obviously, I don't think they're wrong. Stop generalizing if you want to be taken seriously.

WTTB! I dont know why people cant just have their own opinions without being called ignorant?

Because holding certain opinions makes you ignorant. How else would you define "ignorant" other than lacking in wisdom and knowledge?

And how do you recognize such a lack? When someone holds an opinion that is contradicted by either known facts or common sense.

I recognize that everyone has the "right" to their own opinion. That does not in any way imply that all opinions are equally valid.

Be sure to put a sign on your front door stating...

" Burglars will not be shot here (feel free to loot me please)"

Way to add to the intellectual discourse.

meh

lol

:gossip: You should have stayed in the grading section of these boards a little longer before posting in General.

Thanks, but I will post wherever I please.

You talk big considering you are hiding on the other end of a computer.

:gossip: You should have stayed in the grading section of these boards a little longer before posting in General.

Yeah, i'm really just a wimp of a guy who sells dolls for a living.

watch out, he's gotta gun!

:o

:o

I think liberals are IGNORANT because they can't understand basic conservative values. But try convincing one of that. They seem to always be right.

The above poster makes my point. He thinks he is right and everyone else is ignorant. If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything. again IMO

Umm...everyone thinks they're right. Otherwise, they would change their opinion. I'm no different than you in that regard.

But to be clear:

1) Thinking all liberals, or all black people, or all anybody, are ignorant is the height of ignorance. I don't label groups and attack them, as you seem to do, I respond to individuals and the thoughts that they post.

2) I didn't say everyone else is wrong. Just a few posters in this thread. And there were several that agreed with at least parts of what I said. Obviously, I don't think they're wrong. Stop generalizing if you want to be taken seriously.

Chris, read my post agian. I never said you think everyone else is wrong. you said everyone with an opinion different from yours is ignorant.

With regard to my opinion of liberal ideals, I can't help it. call me shallow

My father, who was in the Air Force and Law Enforcement management with the gov't, once told me:

If you shoot a perp, be sure he's on your property and if he starts crawling for the door, drag him back in. :insane:

Words to live by.

But to be clear:

Chris, read my post agian. I never said you think everyone else is wrong. you said everyone with an opinion different from yours is ignorant.

With regard to my opinion of liberal ideals, I can't help it. call me shallow

Your first point seems to me to be a case of semantics. Wrong and ignorant are pretty close in this context.

But yes, I do feel that anyone whose opinion is different from mine is ignorant. So does everyone else. If you tell yourself that opinions other than your own aren't wrong, you aren't being honest with yourself.

We all think we're right, it's just few people are as open about it as I am.

And I don't think you're shallow for believing liberal ideas are ignorant. If that's what you believe then you obviously think it's true, so why apologize?

You just need to make sure you can support your beliefs with a rational argument.

I know politics are a no-no, but if you would like to PM me, I would like to hear your thoughts on liberals vs. conservatives, as I find the topic fascinating.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/images/ic :cry: ons/default/wink.gif

But what I don't understand is if you've already been in that situation before, why put yourself in that situation again?

It appears that the store owner has a taste for it.

Burglar Fatally Shot by Card Shop Owner

In the 2003 case, turns out one of the thieves had a tire iron on him during the break-in.

(shrug)

Yeah the guy who broke in just seemed to know that the owner was going to be there and brought along the tire iron not as a tool to break into his shop but to kill everyone inside at 3:00 a.m. hmmm.... hm

And the chances of the owner NOT being hit by the tire iron if he had tried to stop him by hand?

But what I don't understand is if you've already been in that situation before, why put yourself in that situation again? Most Burglars want to sneak into a place, steal what they can and leave. They try to avoid confrontations by attacking at night when they think no one is around. If they are that brazened to run at someone with a tire iron then why not just walk into the store during working hours and kill everyone inside and then take what they want. I don't believe that most thieves are killers. Yes there are some out there but they are few and far between in my opinion.

Agreed and that`s the point I was trying to make about the insurance, he dealt with this situation before and the odds turned out very good for him, I think this second case people now will take a good look at him especially since he left a daughter fatherless, that takes it to another level. I also could see the first robbers family maybe wanting that case looked at it again,with all the attention he has now put on himself I bet he wishes the insurance companies would have handled it for a few hundred dollar premiums, now he will be looked at and scrutinized for awhile.

The first time he flew under the radar, this second time him flying under the radar is questionable at best 2c

A lawyer might be able to make a better case in a civil court for damages but I think a criminal court would find for the shop owner. Most people still don't feel very bad when a criminal gets shot, breaking into a home or business... myself included.

Hot topic, almost better than PGX is scam, lol.

I am glad to see a lot of support for the owner.

I've seen a lot of talk on here about how the family of the burglar will be out now cause he is gone, etc. That's a big loss? Do you think kids raised by thugs & criminals turn out well, not from what I've seen. Those kids probably have better chance being homeless (not that I hope that's what happens to them).

Also, I missed the comments about the criminals past and future victims, there's a lot of posts here so maybe I missed them. Criminals don't stop with one robbery, they reach out and touch many people's lives with their special talent. I see it all the time. Being easy on them only emboldens them. We are way to easy on Criminals in the justice system too now (in MN for sure), does nothing but encourage them.

Yes if it comes to light it was all a prank or misunderstanding then it's tragedy, I agree.

Crime Never Pays