• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic store owner shoots robbery suspects..again

155 posts in this topic

If the guy who owned the shop was killed then what? He should have had alarms? Any number of things could have happened in this scenario , this is just how it played out. I dont feel any remorse for any man who would steal from another man. There is ALWAYS another way, so dont come at me with some turn the other cheek nonsense. The man protected his property, IMO he was doing the right thing.

+1

Some people dont take the time to think how this scenario could have played out if the guy didnt defend his property. How many times do we here a shop owner was shot in the head over a few bucks in the cash drawer. Wife beaten and raped or the whole family shot. Someone that breaks in your house or business isnt there to give you a Chocolate Sunday. They are there to do harm and take anything they can get.

Just glad we have a right to carry law in Indiana. I dont have to tell anyone on here what the outcome would be for late night break in at my house. Your off to the next world.

DR.X

Your post is so manly I find myself turned on against my will.

By the way, if I was the one breaking into your house at night, it wouldn't be me heading for the next world.

Please understand--this is in no way a threat and I am a pacifist.

My point is--if you think having a gun means you are safe you are fooling yourself.

That's not a threat?? lol

I wish he would stop by my doll shop someday.

If the guy who owned the shop was killed then what? He should have had alarms? Any number of things could have happened in this scenario , this is just how it played out. I dont feel any remorse for any man who would steal from another man. There is ALWAYS another way, so dont come at me with some turn the other cheek nonsense. The man protected his property, IMO he was doing the right thing.

+1

Some people dont take the time to think how this scenario could have played out if the guy didnt defend his property. How many times do we here a shop owner was shot in the head over a few bucks in the cash drawer. Wife beaten and raped or the whole family shot. Someone that breaks in your house or business isnt there to give you a Chocolate Sunday. They are there to do harm and take anything they can get.

Just glad we have a right to carry law in Indiana. I dont have to tell anyone on here what the outcome would be for late night break in at my house. Your off to the next world.

DR.X

By the way, if I was the one breaking into your house at night, it wouldn't be me heading for the next world.

My point is--if you think having a gun means you are safe you are fooling yourself.

I wish he would stop by my doll shop someday.

You sell dolls!?! :o

Maybe taking a look at the bigger picture could shed more light on the situation:

The 2003 incident occurred during a time when there were seven killings in the span of about a month in that area and 26 for the year.

http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-36811.html

http://www.avpress.com/n/westy2.hts

Business owner fatally shoots intruder

This story appeared in the Antelope Valley Press on Wednesday, August

20, 2003.

By NICOLE JACOB

Valley Press Staff Writer

LANCASTER - An intruder at a Lancaster business became the Valley's 26th

homicide victim this year.

The intruder's life came to a violent end early Tuesday morning when a

Lancaster business owner shot and killed him after the intruder

allegedly broke into the owner's comic book shop and was about to attack

the owner.

The intruder, whose identity has not been released, allegedly forced

open a back door of the Bases Cards and Comics about 3 a.m., only to

find the shop owner sleeping in the back room.

The owner told investigators he was sleeping in a back room because of

other recent burglaries at the business, sheriff's Sgt. Shaun McCarthy

said.

"He heard the door being pried open so he went into the showroom and saw

the (intruder)," McCarthy said. "He said the (intruder) attempted to

strike him with the tool that he was holding, which was a tire iron."

Sheriff's officials did not release the shop owner's identity, but a

search of past Valley Press articles and sources indicate the store

owner is Rob Stephens.

Stephens, armed with a handgun, fired at the intruder, striking him once

in the upper body, sheriff's officials said. The intruder was dead at

the scene.

Stephens was questioned, but not arrested. Homicide detectives believe

the case is justifiable homicide, but the Los Angeles County District

Attorney's Office will make a final decision.

"Based on where our investigation is at this point, it's as clear cut a

case of justifiable homicide as I've ever handled," McCarthy said.

"Everything appears to be consistent with what we're being told."

The shop was open for business Tuesday afternoon, but Stephens could not

be reached for comment.

The incident is the latest in a string of seven killings that have

occurred in the Valley since the end of July. Two have involved Valley

business owners who were killed at their businesses.

On July 27, antique shop owner Victoria Gnerlich was found beaten to

death in her Littlerock shop. Detectives said robbery may have been a

motive in that killing.

On Aug. 11, William Budfuloski was found dead in the parking lot outside

of his Lancaster business, Budco Fabrications. Budfuloski had been shot

several times.

Others who have been killed in the recent wave of violence include

sheriff's Deputy Stephen Sorensen, who was shot to death Aug. 2 while

investigating a trespassing call in Llano; James Madden and Richard

House, who were killed in a car-to-car shooting in Lancaster on Aug. 6;

and Donald Kueck, suspected killer of Sorensen, who was killed Aug. 8 in

a fiery shoot-out with law enforcement officials in Lake Los Angeles.

I haven't said anything about what i had to deal with on July 13th...

I had a burglar here at my home,in my garage at night,stealing bikes and such.

He had left with stuff,and came back at 1am thinking i was sleeping to get more,i was actually here on the Boards messing around about that time that night...

I went out to the garage to make sure the girls had locked the bikes up,and get something and caught him in there.

I startled the guy,and he came at me in an instant movement...I had a "Mag light" flashlight,very heavy,like police issue...and beat the living out of him.

He was removed from my house after the police came and fire rescue came,and was sent directly to the emergeny room where he spent 2 days.

The police told me directly that the guy is lucky that i didn't kill him,it would have been perfectly legal.

He sits in palm beach county jail now with Felony Burglary and Assult charges.He was on Probation for Felony Cocain possesion when this happened,and i've been told by the State att that he faces 15 years to life for his charges with this proir record and the "point system" for sentence guideline.

I feel absolutely NO remorse for what i did or what happens to him...I have two girls in this house that rely on me to protect them and our stuff.

Two weeks after this happened,i did get my stuff back that he had stolen on his first mission in my house a few house before i caught him...it was located in a house that was "empty" with the owners out of town for the summer season.

Just wanted to share this,i don't have a gun in this house with kids around,but if i did,i would have shot him dead on the spot also.

In the 2010 incident, there were actually TWO burglary suspects.

Store owner fatally shoots burglary suspect in Lancaster

Daily News Wire Services

Posted: 09/02/2010 10:33:30 AM PDT

Updated: 09/02/2010 12:01:09 PM PDT

A suspected burglar was fatally shot early Wednesday after a confrontation with a Lancaster store owner, officials said.

The suspected burglar, identified as Robert Summers, 28, of Lancaster, was mortally wounded about 3:30 a.m. by the unidentified owner of a store in the 200 block of East Avenue K-8, officials said. Another suspect with Summers managed to escape.

"The owner fired a handgun at the suspects, hitting one and possibly wounding the second," the Sheriff's Department said in a statement.

Anyone with information about the case was asked to call the Sheriff's Homicide Bureau at 323-890-5500.

+1

DR.X

How old are you? You talk like your about 15.

DR.X

What? I talk like I'm 15?

You make pathetic little macho, empty threats and then accuse someone else of being juvenile?

Whatever.

+1

DR.X

I didn't read it as a threat. I read it as him trying to make the point that in many cases the person owning the gun to defend property is the one who gets shot.

Exactly.

+1

DR.X

What would you have done? Hugged him to the next world?

He had left with stuff,and came back at 1am thinking i was sleeping to get more,i was actually here on the Boards messing around about that time that night...

I went out to the garage to make sure the girls had locked the bikes up,and get something and caught him in there.

I startled the guy,and he came at me in an instant movement..

Wow. Glad it worked out. His next victim might not have been so lucky.

Being defenseless does not make you safe either.

vq4r36.jpg

Good point.

Not sure what I was thinking.

Oh wait, I never said it did.

By the way, most pacifists believe in justifiable self-defense, just so you know.

I startled the guy,and he came at me in an instant movement...I had a "Mag light" flashlight,very heavy,like police issue...and beat the living out of him.

He was removed from my house after the police came and fire rescue came,and was sent directly to the emergeny room where he spent 2 days.

The police told me directly that the guy is lucky that i didn't kill him,it would have been perfectly legal.

He sits in palm beach county jail now with Felony Burglary and Assult charges.He was on Probation for Felony Cocain possesion when this happened,and i've been told by the State att that he faces 15 years to life for his charges with this proir record and the "point system" for sentence guideline.

I feel absolutely NO remorse for what i did or what happens to him...I have two girls in this house that rely on me to protect them and our stuff.

Two weeks after this happened,i did get my stuff back that he had stolen on his first mission in my house a few house before i caught him...it was located in a house that was "empty" with the owners out of town for the summer season.

Just wanted to share this,i don't have a gun in this house with kids around,but if i did,i would have shot him dead on the spot also.

Thanks for sharing! :applause: