• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Upgrading and fill ins...

9 posts in this topic

To everyone

A seller presented me a nice bunch silver age comics of FF and avengers in gorgeous shape, a way to upgrade and fill in some holes:

Avengers nº99, 100 (both VF+) 80$ both

FF 44 NM- 9.2 graded by Showcase New England $90

FF 54 VF+ $ 35

FF 55 VF+ $ 60

FF 60 VF+ $45

FF 62 VF/NM to NM- $40

FF 67 VF+ $50

FF 68 NM- to NM

FF 74 NM- $50

FF 77 VF $25

x-men nº61, 63 (VF/VF+) 60$ both

He let the lot go for 500$ including airmail shipping/insurance.

What do you guys think?

Regards.

FF 44 NM- 9.2 graded by Showcase New England $90

By their standards? Expect a 1 or 2 level overgrade. (VF+ to VF/NM) smirk.gif

If you are buying these raw be very careful with the grading.

Most of these are rather common in 8.0-9.0.

44 is a milehigh find I think and I've never had trouble getting 8.5-9.0 copies of any of the others expect 74.

Now if these books were; 45, 46, 51, 52, 61, 63, 64, 66, 70, 74, 75 I'd grab them fast.

Those are the hardest books from 41-75 to get in true 8.5-up.

Aces

Thanks for the reply. From what i've seen (scans) i'm pleased with the books...and since the shipping/insurance is included (an 40$ gift), it's getting harder not to say yes... wink.gif

Aces said it best in his post; these are possible overgrades and at best they are lower end of the "high grades" range; so a 19% discount is not that great of a deal on easy to come by books if you are patient; but if you want it all in one shot and to save you the trouble of piecing it together yourself, then what's an extra $100 for convenience? confused-smiley-013.gif