• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ask Gator
13 13

7,545 posts in this topic

On 7/19/2016 at 9:46 PM, G.A.tor said:
Submariner said:
Hello Rick!

With your great market pulse. What do you think detective comics 69 the tec 31 joker version

is worth in unrestored condition per point... 1k per point?

Thanks!!

ive been paying around 2k a point for low to mid. Sold a higher grade at more than 4K a point

Is this still true or is it more now.if more how much per point? I had a chance to buy one this weekend and i think i messed up

Edited by Aasparky1000

3 hours ago, Aasparky1000 said:

Is this still true or is it more now.if more how much per point? I had a chance to buy one this weekend and i think i messed up

Not a lot of sales recently. Maybe slowed a little ?

On 4/14/2017 at 11:38 AM, Knightsofold said:

Slabbed without the fake cover would be much nicer imo. 

As a collector and potential buyer, these wouldn't be as appealing with a fake cover hiding the quality.  It's always nice to see the original material and it's condition.

Mc1.jpg

SKonica3Eas17031619532_0001.jpg

s-l1600ss.jpg

Very cool!

Gator, I'm relatively new to this era but am into WW II covers: flags, war bonds, patriotic themed, etc. I'm not into Schomburg, Captain America, All Winners, and so on. I recently got a Don Winslow war bonds cover, a Captain Marvel Uncle Sam cover, but missed out on a Raboy Captain Midnight flag cover. What are a few overlooked but really interesting covers I should consider?

1 hour ago, DavidTheDavid said:

Gator, I'm relatively new to this era but am into WW II covers: flags, war bonds, patriotic themed, etc. I'm not into Schomburg, Captain America, All Winners, and so on. I recently got a Don Winslow war bonds cover, a Captain Marvel Uncle Sam cover, but missed out on a Raboy Captain Midnight flag cover. What are a few overlooked but really interesting covers I should consider?

Sounds like the perfect fit for you would be some of the early Master Comics with the classic war related Captain marvel Jr. covers done by Mac Raboy.  :gossip:

In particular, I would go after books such as Master 27 with the classic V for Victory cover, Master 30 flag cover, and the Master 33 Swatiska cover.  :cloud9:

The only problem with those early Masters is that they very seldom ever come into the marketplace.

9 hours ago, DavidTheDavid said:

great theme...best answer is google Dino Mauricio comics sold at heritage...he focused on flag covers and had them all...great reference

34 minutes ago, Tbone911t said:

Hi Rick

Thanks to your best 5 GA in your collection I'm back in the hunt for a Punch 12. You got 1? :) What's the FMV on say a 2.0, 3.0 and 4.0 in your opinion?

Thanks

Mike

2.0 should run 4-5k

3.0 should run 6-8k

4.0 should run 10k+

challenge is finding a seller 

Hey Rick

This may have been asked earlier here or in the CC Auction thread so sorry if I missed it.  Curious what you think the Fantastic Comics #3 will hammer at?  Know it is alternatively graded (not CGC) at 9.2 with extensive restoration so if you aren't comfortable commenting here, I understand.   

13 minutes ago, telerites said:

Hey Rick

This may have been asked earlier here or in the CC Auction thread so sorry if I missed it.  Curious what you think the Fantastic Comics #3 will hammer at?  Know it is alternatively graded (not CGC) at 9.2 with extensive restoration so if you aren't comfortable commenting here, I understand.   

20k+ wouldn't surprise me

On 4/26/2017 at 9:12 AM, G.A.tor said:

great theme...best answer is google Dino Mauricio comics sold at heritage...he focused on flag covers and had them all...great reference

Great collection boy I would love to to find more than several of those at 2014 prices!! 

11 hours ago, G.A.tor said:
11 hours ago, telerites said:

Hey Rick

20k+ wouldn't surprise me

I assume if it had been the "more traditional" form of Extensive restoration as opposed to this newer hyper form of Extensive restoration (or recreation) by IGB, it would most likely go for even more money.  hm

2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

I assume if it had been the "more traditional" form of Extensive restoration as opposed to this newer hyper form of Extensive restoration (or recreation) by IGB, it would most likely go for even more money.  hm

That'd be my guess

5 minutes ago, N e r V said:

In the current market what grades could you get a copy of Single Series #20 (Tarzan) for with $500.00-$750.00?

2.5-3.5 if you could find one. Only like 4 cgc copies 3.5 and below. A 4.0 probably pushes 1k+

1 minute ago, G.A.tor said:

2.5-3.5 if you could find one. Only like 4 cgc copies 3.5 and below. A 4.0 probably pushes 1k+

So say 1,000.00 to 1,200.00 for a 4.0?

How difficult are these raw or CGC on a scale of 1 to 10?