• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RIP Mike Esposito

34 posts in this topic

Pretty much my first experiences reading comics were books drawn by Andru and Esposito. I bet a lot of folks my age got started reading comics with the SSWS and all the dinosaur covers. Dinosaurs (and spaceships) were the hot ticket at that time. I was just looking at a few Metal Men comics I was thinking of getting to travel down memory lane. Now this. It's sad to hear we lost another great. I'm glad I just bought a neat anthology of Andru and Esposito work at the NYCC.

Pretty much my first experiences reading comics were books drawn by Andru and Esposito.

Andru and Esposito's work on what I call Spidey's dark period (just after Gwen Stacey's death) was superb - I must've reread issues 123 - 149 many times.

Pretty much my first experiences reading comics were books drawn by Andru and Esposito.

Andru and Esposito's work on what I call Spidey's dark period (just after Gwen Stacey's death) was superb - I must've reread issues 123 - 149 many times.

Those were some great books. RIP Mike.

It’s a tragedy that Mike Esposito passed away. He was the real legend. I believe that all characters he created will help to keep the memory of him and his talent. There so many people whose child’s memory are connected with the Wonder Woman or Metal Man. For those who would like to contribute to Mike’s memorial site, please be welcome to come to http://mikeesposito.people2remember.com/