• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

potluck g.a. for sale. little bit of everything--10% off all books

67 posts in this topic

Bring on the WWII Timely's :sumo:

lord, if i ever decide to part with the timelys, i'll have to make a withdrawal from the 401[k] to afford the cgc fees---80% raw, i'd guess.

Please lord no, spare the nice raw comics from the slabs. :wishluck:

lord, if i ever decide to part with the timelys, i'll have to make a withdrawal from the 401[k] to afford the cgc fees---80% raw, i'd guess.

no desire to slab them as a collector, but to get their value if i become a timely seller, i'd have to entomb 'em. sad to say.

no desire to slab them as a collector, but to get their value if i become a timely seller, i'd have to entomb 'em. sad to say.

Oh my God. Does it always have to be about the Almighty dollar? ? How about just hooking up your bros with the juicy books???

Recap of what's left:

Page 1:

super-mystery 4/1. vg. $100 (crippen copy)

terrors of the jungle 17, 3.0, o/w pages. l.b. cole cover. $75

startling terror 10. 3.5, ow/w pages. great l.b. cover. $125

animal comics 5. pretty, with that big crease. 4.0 or so. $40

air fighters 4, 3.5, diamond run ped. i failed to sell it at 200, and at 160. so, here it is for $140

tip top 36, 6.0, c/ow. great tarzan cover. $160

Page 2:

startling terror 9. looks high-grade, but there is an almost 2" spine split at the bottom of the spine that you can't see. doesn't make it up to the staple. 6.0, o/w. great l.b. cover. $100

zip 10, 4.5, some spine roll, c/ow. the bottom staple is virtually at the bottom of the spine--i've never seen one as low. biro cover. $350

okajima boy 16. 7.0, white pages. not a particularly great cover, but the baddie at the bottom is classic biro. $200

captain battle jr. 2. 4.0, o/w. $150

air fighters 7, in what would be 8.0 with WHITE pages, BUT some insufficiently_thoughtful_person trimmed the top edge of the cover. not the book, but only the top edge of the cover [the white you see at bottom is not the splash page--it is a white surplus border on the bottom of the cover]. it is gorgeous, but flawed. thousand bucks in 8.0 guide. $300 here, less than vg guide

jumbo 118, 5.0, o/w. from that 'zodiac' collection we've seen books from. $70

bobby benson b-bar-b riders 9, frazetta cover. 4.0, c.ow. $60

Page 3:

killers 2. #1 is common, this one is tuff. 3.0, c/ow. $200 for this pretty rare book

federal men one-shot. 6.0, o/w. the erasure at top left the only real distraction. $100

Page 4:

another #2 which is much harder than it's predecessor. zip-jet 2 in 2.5, o/w. cover attached, but there are pulls at both staples, and the staples are tenously fastened. $65

Recap of what's left:

Page 1:

super-mystery 4/1. vg. $100 (crippen copy)

terrors of the jungle 17, 3.0, o/w pages. l.b. cole cover. $75

startling terror 10. 3.5, ow/w pages. great l.b. cover. $125

animal comics 5. pretty, with that big crease. 4.0 or so. $40

air fighters 4, 3.5, diamond run ped. i failed to sell it at 200, and at 160. so, here it is for $140

tip top 36, 6.0, c/ow. great tarzan cover. $160

Page 2:

startling terror 9. looks high-grade, but there is an almost 2" spine split at the bottom of the spine that you can't see. doesn't make it up to the staple. 6.0, o/w. great l.b. cover. $100

zip 10, 4.5, some spine roll, c/ow. the bottom staple is virtually at the bottom of the spine--i've never seen one as low. biro cover. $350

okajima boy 16. 7.0, white pages. not a particularly great cover, but the baddie at the bottom is classic biro. $200

captain battle jr. 2. 4.0, o/w. $150

air fighters 7, in what would be 8.0 with WHITE pages, BUT some insufficiently_thoughtful_person trimmed the top edge of the cover. not the book, but only the top edge of the cover [the white you see at bottom is not the splash page--it is a white surplus border on the bottom of the cover]. it is gorgeous, but flawed. thousand bucks in 8.0 guide. $300 here, less than vg guide

jumbo 118, 5.0, o/w. from that 'zodiac' collection we've seen books from. $70

bobby benson b-bar-b riders 9, frazetta cover. 4.0, c.ow. $60

Page 3:

yankee 2. no staples. pages not bad looking, but brittle at bottom and along spine, with chipping. i have no idea what to grade it. OOPS, i missed my line in the o'street. make it $50

killers 2. #1 is common, this one is tuff. 3.0, c/ow. $200 for this pretty rare book

federal men one-shot. 6.0, o/w. the erasure at top left the only real distraction. $100

Page 4:

another #2 which is much harder than it's predecessor. zip-jet 2 in 2.5, o/w. cover attached, but there are pulls at both staples, and the staples are tenously fastened. $65

thanks, sir.

yankee 2. no staples. pages not bad looking, but brittle at bottom and along spine, with chipping. i have no idea what to grade it. OOPS, i missed my line in the o'street. make it $50.

yankee2.jpg

Yumpin' yimminy dot book vot needs a home ja! :takeit:

Now sell me your Blue Bolt 7.5 :baiting:

WINNAH!!!!! at $45 plus s/h. those dreams of early retirement finally looking realistic.

thanks, sir.

No problem. (thumbs u

Hey Mr. Decepticon, can I hire you to clean up my sales thread, :foryou:

Very nice job of organizing Mr. BP mess, :devil: uhhh I mean thread,

I could, but it depends on how busy I am. If you don't mind me doing it during my free time, then I could do it.. just PM whenever you have a thread that needs recapping. (thumbs u Happy b-day by the way! :banana:

yankee 2. no staples. pages not bad looking, but brittle at bottom and along spine, with chipping. i have no idea what to grade it. OOPS, i missed my line in the o'street. make it $50.

yankee2.jpg

Yumpin' yimminy dot book vot needs a home ja! :takeit:

Now sell me your Blue Bolt 7.5 :baiting:

sorry alanna...not sure where the line for BB 105 starts, but rest assured most everyone is behind me :foryou: