• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are your top ten golden age acquisitions in 2010?

308 posts in this topic

SUPER MYSTERY V6 #3

I love these women in peril covers with only one caveat! If she aint gonna be rescued then where is the suspense? Well, the damsel is definitely being rescued on this astonishing cover. I remember making the long trek form Manchester to London for a comic mart back in the nineties. Was so tired when I got there I must've been sleeping at Harley's stall, only to have a great London collector (hello Frank!) pull one out of a box I'd just been looking through! Number one on my wants list at the time, with no prospect of another copy turning up soon, if ever! Hence delighted to have a top copy at last. (Thing is, you see, I really, really want to be the hero rescuing the gal here...)

Super-MysteryComicsV63CGC80Ohiopedigree.jpg

Beautiful books, Michael. This one is especially cool. Aces are a secondary focus of mine and this one is a toughie. :applause:

My Top Ten is actually a Top Two :cry: Did sparingly little buying this year, but will improve on that in the coming year :grin:

Bought at C2E2 and came back top & only census

FightingAmerican3.jpg

Bought off eBay from our own Filter81. My first GA Archie :banana: At CGC as we speak

Archie9VGFfront.jpg

my timely run being the core of my collection, i'm always looking out for upgrades--try to get one a month or so. my top-10 for '10 list is going to consist of my #1 acquisition, and then my 9 upgrades.

fantastic3-1.jpg

daring1.jpg

ht6.jpg

usa2.jpg

mm39.jpg

subby3.jpg

kid7-1.jpg

ya18-2.jpg

aw17.jpg

mm91-1.jpg

That's a great year BB :applause:

If I had the books from Alanna over my collecting life, it would be a successful endeavour. All those in one year, well, ... that's it, I'm going back to collecting Classics Illustrated. :hail:

...I guess it is a choice between 10 random comics and 1000 four colors! Now that's what I call impressive! (worship)

That's a great year BB :applause:

If I had the books from Alanna over my collecting life, it would be a successful endeavour.

All those in one year, well, ... that's it, I'm going back to collecting Classics Illustrated. :hail:

I think that summer teaching break gave me a lot of time to shop.

Maybe I should have played more golf and bought less but most of those books were cheap except the

Superman which was pretty beat but still cost a few hundred.

The All-New issue fits in with my Superheroes vs. the Microbial World article but still isn't complete. Still looking for other disease spreading villians stories.

4997586226_a2773b4dbc.jpg

I narrowed it down to these ten as my top acquisitions of 2010. These might not represent the ten highest graded, or the ten rarest, and even the ten most expensive purchases, but they are all comics I'm happy to have added to my collection.

th_hangman3.jpg th_marvelmystery15.jpg th_pioneer4.jpg th_great3.jpg th_allstar24.jpg

th_rangers12.jpg th_cap16.jpg th_mmc64.jpg th_ourflag2.jpg th_youngallies2.jpg

But this one gets a spot all its own.

RADA09E5201049_1197.jpg

and rightfully so.

Using the Spinal Tap analogy, I think this takes cheetah's top to 10 to "11" :headbang: