• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Holiday Sale at The Artist's Choice

67 posts in this topic

HI, folks:

Just in case you missed the announcement on Comicart-l, The Artist's Choice is having its annual sale with discounts as much as 50% off!

There is a huge list of artists participating in the sale this year and you can see all the details here: http://www.theartistschoice.com/

Happy Collecting! (thumbs u

Iust wanted to find out if this artistschoice.com site is on the up-and-up. Looking to possibly buy some items from them during their sale, but since they don't take Pay Pal or list a phone number I wanted to make sure this site was legit and if so if paying by check/money order, how long do they usually take to ship purchased items?

Do they send you tracking info. when the item is shipped out?

Thanks

Iust wanted to find out if this artistschoice.com site is on the up-and-up. Looking to possibly buy some items from them during their sale, but since they don't take Pay Pal or list a phone number I wanted to make sure this site was legit and if so if paying by check/money order, how long do they usually take to ship purchased items?

Thanks

Only word of advice...follow those instructions to the letter. The dealer is a bit of a stickler.

Thanks

Spencer's been in the business for over 20 years, and is trusted by a huge cross section of the hobby from aritists, to editors, to fans.

He reps a sizable chunk of artists (somewhere near 100 of them). I have dealt with him, literally, dozens of times. He's one of the guys in this hobby I trust without a second thought.

During a sale like this it might take him a couple of days to get back to you because of the volume of orders and the sheer size of his inventory. I know he doesn't want to confirm availability of a piece until he has it in front of him and can give a detailed invoice.

From personal experience Spencer ships items within a few days of funds clearing. Sometimes, like during a sale, it might be a a day or two longer but he always delivers.

Just follow his terms and conditions and you are all set.

Best,

Chris

Thanks

I've bought tons from spencer over the years, and just bought a ton for this recent sale, no problems at all, but as everyone else has said, follow his instructions, and don't be upset if what you want is no longer available.

Malvin

Cool, thanks guys for the info. I definitely will be sending over my inquiry to the site today.I originally put together my wish list but the total blew my mind so I've been reducing my want list a lot to just the bare bones for my small collection!

I have been considering ordering from The Artists Choice for a while and this sale made it a no brainer. I emailed my order a week ago and haven't heard back, no doubt because of the sale and the season. Still, it's driving me batty wondering if I'm going to get all the pages on my list. It's nice to hear positive remarks about Spencer though. Looking forward to completing the transaction!

I have been considering ordering from The Artists Choice for a while and this sale made it a no brainer. I emailed my order a week ago and haven't heard back, no doubt because of the sale and the season. Still, it's driving me batty wondering if I'm going to get all the pages on my list. It's nice to hear positive remarks about Spencer though. Looking forward to completing the transaction!

I know some of the artists he reps hang onto their art themselves. That means when an order is placed Spencer's got to wait for the artist to confirm that he has the page before Spencer can confirm the order. That's happened to me, it can take as long as it takes that artist to get back to him. Some guys are quicker than others.

Well I sent in a email trying to confirm the pieces I was interested in yesterday afternoon, then got a generic form reply from Spencer later that evening that due to volume he couldn't check pricing/availability unless I made my inquiry a "solid offer" to purchase. So I replied back I was making a solid offer and wanted the pieces if available.

Now just waiting for the reply if the pieces are still available. I ended up cutting a lot of pieces I wanted for because I wanted to have the characters, to just the main pieces I would really appreciate, mostly early 90s stuff from Jurgens and Kitson. Hoping to get one of the rough preliminary splash from Ivan Reis too.

Well I sent in a email trying to confirm the pieces I was interested in yesterday afternoon, then got a generic form reply from Spencer later that evening that due to volume he couldn't check pricing/availability unless I made my inquiry a "solid offer" to purchase. So I replied back I was making a solid offer and wanted the pieces if available.

Now just waiting for the reply if the pieces are still available. I ended up cutting a lot of pieces I wanted for because I wanted to have the characters, to just the main pieces I would really appreciate, mostly early 90s stuff from Jurgens and Kitson. Hoping to get one of the rough preliminary splash from Ivan Reis too.

Good luck.

To get around the fact that he can't really check availability, I often place orders with instructions saying I only want one (or two) of these pieces, and this is my order of preference so please sell me whichever is available.

Malvin

Forgot to ask, for those who've purchased before from this site, did you pay via personal check or money order?

I usually prefer to pay via check since then I can confirm when it's cashed, but always a bit leery to use it these days if it got in the wrong hands of someone. But with MO it's harder to find out if it's been cashed and by who.

Forgot to ask, for those who've purchased before from this site, did you pay via personal check or money order?

I usually prefer to pay via check since then I can confirm when it's cashed, but always a bit leery to use it these days if it got in the wrong hands of someone. But with MO it's harder to find out if it's been cashed and by who.

I send a check if I don't mind waiting the extra time for clearance.

MO is nice if you want it shipped a few days faster.

HI, folks:

I called Spencer to ask about the delays and he apologizes for the delay with your order confirmations. He's had approximately 300 large orders placed, totalling nearly 4000 pages and is processing them in sequential order by date and time.

He wanted to mention that he appreciates everyone's patience and he will get back to everyone that placed an order with him. (thumbs u

HI, folks:

I called Spencer to ask about the delays and he apologizes for the delay with your order confirmations. He's had approximately 300 large orders placed, totalling nearly 4000 pages and is processing them in sequential order by date and time.

He wanted to mention that he appreciates everyone's patience and he will get back to everyone that placed an order with him. (thumbs u

Wow...I knew there would be a run but 4000 pages, yikes! I don't mind waiting for confirmation, I just have my fingers crossed that I got most (if any) of my pages reserved first! Hope other boardies did too...unless I wanted them :devil:

I had to hold off on the piece I really wanted and of course the sale discount percentage was much higher than I was expecting for it. I had been waiting for the sale, but I got offered something else at a reduced rate that an artist found in storage that they originally didn't even think they had. I did wind up buying one piece that wasn't at the top of my want list but at 50% off I couldn't resist. I ordered the 1st day of the sale so I heard back from him 10 days ago.

HI, folks:

Whoa, that's a lot of art. I'm crossing my fingers for at least my Ivan Reis rough, couple B. Kitson's and Jurgen's early Superman piece.

If I had less willpower I had 15 items originally on my WANT list that I pared down to just 7 low-cost items.