• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

major auction of cgc graded on dec 16th 11 am eastern WELL WORTH A LOOK

66 posts in this topic

sorry you are 100 per cent wrong and talking bollocks if that was the case why did i not pay duty when i sent my books to be cgc graded and they were declared at customs, and whats more any item of american origin regardless of what it is, is tax and duty free to re import to the usa HOW DO I KNOW THIS?

I deal in antique slot machines and regularly send machines such as jennings mills etc alll made in chicago il in the 20s and 30s all are sent tax free and the same rule applies to canada ,

No, I'm actually quite right - unless you register an American-made item with the US customs office as it's being exported, bringing it back into the country doesn't exempt you from paying the applicable duty. And please feel free to ask our Canadian board members if they've never paid customs fees on books sent to them from the US :gossip:

sorry you are 100 per cent wrong and talking bollocks if that was the case why did i not pay duty when i sent my books to be cgc graded and they were declared at customs, and whats more any item of american origin regardless of what it is, is tax and duty free to re import to the usa HOW DO I KNOW THIS?

I deal in antique slot machines and regularly send machines such as jennings mills etc alll made in chicago il in the 20s and 30s all are sent tax free and the same rule applies to canada ,

No, I'm actually quite right - unless you register an American-made item with the US customs office as it's being exported, bringing it back into the country doesn't exempt you from paying the applicable duty. And please feel free to ask our Canadian board members if they've never paid customs fees on books sent to them from the US :gossip:

Yup. Dinged for taxes on the invoiced amount. Real pain in the butt.

(thumbs u

I got 3 or 4 books, anybody else? (shrug)

That lone bidder on the Avengers # 2 really blew everyone else out of the water. Beats me why he didn't try to get it cheaper. ???

Sorry Roy, no I don't. I didn't make notes on what everything went for.

I watched the bidding on www.the-saleroom.com and I was able to access each individual auction price after it finished. They may still be accessable there.

Gary do you happen to have a list of books and prices they went for?

If you click the view live link the books are still there,and if you click a book,the sold price is there also..some don't show a sold price,i asume the reserve wasnt met,or no bids?

http://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues/dominic-winter-book-auctions/catalogue-id-2804430/live-bidding

Got it, thanks guys!

Well there are quite a few books that went cheap.

Tec #27 seemed to fare well, as did the Avengers #1. All the other books went for a decent (lower) price.

You plonker, you should have told me, I could have picked them up for you

That lone bidder on the Avengers # 2 really blew everyone else out of the water. Beats me why he didn't try to get it cheaper. ???

That was a crazy price (shrug)

some don't show a sold price,i asume the reserve wasnt met,or no bids?

Yeah, those ones didn't meet the reserve.

Got it, thanks guys!

Tec #27 seemed to fare well, as did the Avengers #1. All the other books went for a decent (lower) price.

By my working out, most of the CGC graded books got a price which would have been close to GPA after all the fees were taken into account.

You plonker, you should have told me, I could have picked them up for you

How was I to know you'd be taking the day off to attend? I thought you were far more responsible to your patients than that. :slapfight:

Mr S is leading you astray. :cry:

That was a crazy price (shrug)

Maybe there has been word that the Space Phantom will be main adversary in the upcoming Avengers film. :insane:

Got it, thanks guys!

Avengers 1 was one of the gift grades.

It seems that one US dealer bought a large proportion of the books including the Tec 27 and was on the phone for the entire comic auction

Got it, thanks guys!

Avengers 1 was one of the gift grades.

It seems that one US dealer bought a large proportion of the books including the Tec 27 and was on the phone for the entire comic auction

The Avengers 1 wasn't cheap...$7000+ haven't done the total math,way too much if you ask me... 8.0 Gpa is $7700 and the weak 7.5 is like a $7000 or less book...

Clink 7.5 is current listed with a buy at $6750....and bids to $3400

and 7.0's at $4000-$5000 or so....

The Av 2 was rediculous tho...double Gpa at least

How did the Avengers #2 go for ridiculous money and how could it have gone cheaper?

Did any proxi bids immediately go for full bid price (ie no bid increment)?

R.

How did the Avengers #2 go for ridiculous money and how could it have gone cheaper?

R.

No idea.Maybe that was the reserve,and 1 bid?

All i know is GPA on 8.5 is $850+ area,i sold mine at GPA high last year at $1100...$2k + is way high.

R.

All i know is GPA on 8.5 is $850+ area,i sold mine at GPA high last year at $1100...$2k + is way high.

Unless someone thought the book looked more like a 9.0+

(shrug)

R.

Unless someone thought the book looked more like a 9.0+

(shrug)

Yea..that's possible...hope so as at that price it's Full Gpa for 9.0($1750).....or slightly higher depending on fee's.