• Announcements

• dena

Try the new CGC Journals!   03/22/2017

CGC has launched a new and improved CGC Journals! Available on CGCcomics.com, the new CGC Journals improves upon the popular platform to write blogs and discuss them with other members. The new CGC Journals has an improved design that makes it significantly easier to post and read journals from any device, including smartphones and tablets. Adding images has been made much simpler, and the CGC Journals now give users the ability to create polls and "like" other entries. A popular feature of the old CGC Journals was the ability to open an entry to comments from other users. This feature has been retained and enhanced — users can now comment on the same page as the original Journal entry, creating a seamless experience. Best of all, the same login can be used to post Journals, make comments and access the other features of the CGC website. Old CGC Journals entries will be migrated to the new CGC Journals soon. In the meantime, users can make posts to the new CGC Journals. To get started, create a Journal and make an entry. Unlike the old NGC Journals, you create a single Journal and then add new entries to it. Your Journal can be customized with a cover photo, and you can choose to make it available to all users or only to the users that you select. You can also choose to receive notifications whenever people comment on one of your entries. Scroll below for helpful tips on using the new CGC Journals or go to the new CGC Journals now >   Instructions / Tips To get started, you must first create your Journal and then you can add entries to that Journal. Choose Journals from the Browse menu if you are not already on the Journals page

Click Create a Journal

Name your journal, add a description, add a photo, and choose if you want all users to see your journal or if you would like it available to a specific audience only. Click Continue to move on to the next step where you can add you first entry!  

Click Add Journal Entry to add a post to your journal

Commenting on another user's Journal is easy. After selecting a journal to read, scroll to the bottom of the page where you will find the field where you may enter your comments and see the comments others have posted.
    • Brittany M.

CCS - Updated Turn Times!   03/28/2017

CCS has updated its turn times! Here is where CCS is operating for each tier of service:   Quick-Press: 6 weeks (30 Business Days) Regular Press: 8-9 weeks (40-45 Business Days) Fast-Track Press: 4-6 weeks (20-30 Business Days) Standard: 3-4 weeks (15-20 Business Days) Express: 3 weeks (15 Business Days) Walk-thru: 2-3 weeks (10-15 Business Days) Screening: 5-6 weeks (25-30 Business Days)    

RIP Muscian & EC collector Don Lineberger

18 posts in this topic

So sad in a house fire Dec 5 he died from smoke inhalation. I am sure all of you can understand why this really makes me sad.

He was not only a muscian but true blue EC fan with a large collection of EC memorabilia

http://valdostadailytimes.com/local/x622290691/Fire-claims-musician-s-life

I guess they are trying to track down what pieces of original art were destroyed in the fire the original for a Graham Ingels story entitled "Drink to me only with Thine Eyes" from HAUNT OF FEAR #24 was apparently destroyed in the fire..

To anyone who knew him I am so sorry to hear about it..a loss for the entire collecting community ..to lose one of our own..

Don was a close friend of mine and one of the last of the old-time collectors. We chatted by phone at least twice a week for the past 5-7 years. I had talked to him last on Saturday, the day before he died.

What a terrible turn of events. Not only has the community lost a well-known EC fan and collector, but Mr. Lineberger's extensive collection of original EC art was also reduced to ashes in the fire. Roger Hill is still compiling a list of what is known to be lost, but here is what has been confirmed so far:

Covers:

Haunt of Fear #19 (two-bladed axeman by Ingels)

Haunt of Fear #25 cover by Ingels

Mad #4 by Harvey Kurtzman

Mad #14 by Harvey Kurtzman

Tales from the Crypt #30 (Prospector being held under water by Jack Davis)

Tales from the Crypt #44 (Gullotine cover by Jack Davis)

Weird Fantasy #20 ("I Rocket" Bradbury cover by Feldstein)

Weird Fantasy #22 (Orlando "The Fossil" cover)

Weird Science #15 (Dinosaur cover by Wood)

Weird Science-Fantasy #24 (Feldstein - planet landscape scene)

Stories:

"Drink to me only with Thine Eyes" - Graham Ingels HOF #24.

EC Fan-Addict Club house ad page by Jack Davis

Obviously the loss of life is the saddest part of this story, but the loss of all that original EC art certainly adds to the tragedy. :(

Isn't it awful MM..I was in the house when mine caught fire..I was lucky..the poor guy..and everyone says he was a very colorful unique person..as well as being a die hard fan..

very sad..

That list is not accurate. Several of those covers have been sold or traded by Don over the past year. Roger and I are working on a complete list.

I think I did read he was in the process of auctioning off via Russ Cochran..but honestly having survived a housefire this yr myself..I feel extra sad for someone who did not survive..I do not know if he had a big family..but from everything I have read he seemed like a nice guy with a big personality and a smile..

those things are more valuable than original art..but the art is a loss too don't get me wrong..

I guess maybe it touched me differently..looking at pictures of his house and seeing similarities..

Don did not have much of a family. Was married (since divorced) but no children. He viewed his banjos and his art collection as his kids.

From the EC Group:

"Lastly, here's my list of original EC art that I gathered over the years from my correspondence with him. Don was without a doubt one of the greatest EC original art collectors ever. I know he's sold quite a bit of art in recent years to help with medical bills, but this is what I have:

-Crime SuspenStories #12 cover art by Craig

-Crypt Of Terror 18 cover art by Craig

-Frontline Combat 8 cover art by Kurtzman

-Frontline Combat 14 cover art by Wood (not sure on this one...I think it showed up in a recent Russ Cochran auction?)

-Haunt of Fear 19 cover art by Ingels

-Haunt of Fear 21 cover art by Ingels

-Haunt of Fear 25 cover art by Ingels

-Haunt of Fear 26 cover art by Ingels

-Haunt of Fear 28 cover art by Ingels

-MAD 8 cover art by Kurtzman

-MAD 14 cover art by Kurtzman

-Panic 3 cover art by Feldstein

-Tales From The Crypt 42 cover art by Davis

-Tales From The Crypt 43 cover art by Davis

-Tales From The Crypt 44 cover art by Davis

-Two Fisted Tales 32 cover art by Wood

-Two Fisted Tales 37 cover art by John Severin

-Vault Of Horror 13 cover art by Craig (second issue)

-Weird Fantasy 18 cover art by Williamson/Feldstein

-Weird Science 15 cover art by Wood

-Weird Science Fantasy 24 cover art by Feldstein

I know he sold most of his MAD covers...he kept #8 because that was his absolute favorite, and he held onto #14 as well. The Weird Fantasy 14 cover by Feldstein was sold earlier this year. I'm pretty sure he parted with the Davis Tales From The Crypt 30 and Ingels Haunt of Fear 19 covers already. I have no record/mention on the Weird Fantasy 20 and 22 covers by Feldstein.

He did have the splash page to "The Exile" from Weird Fantasy #14 by Wood and the complete story to "Chickamauga!" from Frontline Combat #8 by Davis.

He also had various other art including a sizeable collection of original comic strip art that included Peanuts, Caniff Terry and the Pirates/Steve Canyon, Wunder Terry and the Pirates art, Frazetta Johnny Comet art, etc. He also had various EC stories/splashes/interior pages, Warren art (by Craig, John Severin and others), Craig EC oil paintings, various cover art,etc...it literally does go on and on."

Don told me last week that he had over 1000 original Terry and the Pirate dailies!

what a shame :( RIP Don and RIP artwork

Physical stuff comes and goes and sometimes is lost to natural disasters -- but very sorry to hear of Don's loss (just read about it in the EC fan addict thread in gold.) RIP, Don.

Sorry to hear this. ...