• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many have you completed?

122 posts in this topic

Problem for me is that with most titles I get bored too easily to sustain my attack, Lorna being the honourable exception because the run is not too long and the artwork keeps up the interest.

How Scrooge manages to stay interested in Dell Four Color (or Classics Illustrated) is beyond my attention span or comprehension.

For myself, the thrill of the chase is all about the book, not the title. If I do manage to complete a title, it is usually by accident, or because the run is really really short (and the artist is Bill Everett) To whit:

Namora1001.jpg

Namora280Cookeville.jpg

Namora380CosmicAeroplane.jpg

Now if someone could just find me the three Sun Girls!

Problem for me is that with most titles I get bored too easily to sustain my attack, Lorna being the honourable exception because the run is not too long and the artwork keeps up the interest.

How Scrooge manages to stay interested in Dell Four Color (or Classics Illustrated) is beyond my attention span or comprehension.

For myself, the thrill of the chase is all about the book, not the title. If I do manage to complete a title, it is usually by accident, or because the run is really really short (and the artist is Bill Everett) To whit:

Namora1001.jpg

Namora280Cookeville.jpg

these old things?

namorasungirls.jpg

Namora1001.jpg

Namora280Cookeville.jpg

these old things?

namorasungirls.jpg

:takeit:

because the run is really really short (and the artist is Bill Everett)

:applause: Happy to see them all together in your hands :hail: I can't decide if my favorite cover is # 1 or # 3 out the batch. Congrats!

One word: avarice! Your 3 Namoras probably would have bought my 1,000 Four Colors. I come from the "the more the better" school of collecting so my dedication is easy to understand.

(tsk) That Crack comics is too expensive to belong on that table. You need a refresher course. It's about continuing education since you're drifting into $$$ books. I have a copy of that Beyond, it's a Month book. :thumbsup:

One word: avarice! Your 3 Namoras probably would have bought my 1,000 Four Colors. I come from the "the more the better" school of collecting so my dedication is easy to understand.

I was valedictorian in '93!

Heritage%2010-10-21%20AA.JPG

Heaven! :cloud9:

(tsk) That Crack comics is too expensive to belong on that table. You need a refresher course. It's about continuing education since you're drifting into $$$ books.

now see, that's where you'd be wrong! the crack, wdc&s and star spangled are all missing centerfolds! but at $4/ea i'll take it

Howard the Duck (full run)

Working on the Smurfs... still need a #3 in f/vf - tough book in grade

Smurfs 3 in f/vf sounds like something Greggy would sell. You ought to PM him.

Perhaps also let Brian at A-1 know you're looking for it. Kid's books like that usually get thrown into a "kid's comics" box that's not easy to find.