• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The 2010 Nik Memorial Grading Contest *Round 6*

327 posts in this topic

Submitted my grade at 9:45 this morning. All the judges have read my PM, but none of them have responded to acknowledge it.

I've shocked them into silence with my superior grading skills.

One of us finally stopped laughing and answered! (thumbs u

Submitted my grade at 9:45 this morning. All the judges have read my PM, but none of them have responded to acknowledge it.

One of us finally stopped laughing and answered! (thumbs u

:roflmao:

Actually when that happens it means:

You are so far off on the grade that the judges feel sorry for you, change your grade ASAP..

:whistle:

This round will close at 8PM Tuesday night.

Tomahawk 116 OFF-WHITE TO WHITE pages.

Tomahawk116f.jpg

Tomahawk116b.jpg

If anyone has a 9.0+ copy of this book raw or slabbed and would be willing to sell, please send me a PM. (thumbs u

Don't you mean another 9.0+ copy of this book? hm(tsk)

If anyone has a 9.0+ copy of this book raw or slabbed and would be willing to sell, please send me a PM. (thumbs u

Could be this contest copy, could be someone else's copy. I'm not being picky, just need one. (thumbs u

Tomahawk116f.jpg

Tomahawk116b.jpg

I have to agree with you. If that SW8 was a 9.8, this is an easy 9.4. :/

I sent in my grade. Hopefully it speeds things up.

It did. The contest monitors had run out of things to make fun of. We appreciate your contribution! (thumbs u

I sent in my grade. Hopefully it speeds things up.

It did. The contest monitors had run out of things to make fun of. We appreciate your contribution! (thumbs u

:o

Tomahawk116f.jpg

Tomahawk116b.jpg

You can bid on this copy in the charity auction following the contest and have it as a place holder. :foryou:

Even the wrong grade guesses are still great guesses. They just happen to be based on defects that people think they see.

Or what they didn't see - I'd be willing to bet a lot of people missed the corner crease on Book 1, otherwise why all the CGC 9.4's?

I once asked Steve that very question as I had a pristine book with a tiny cover crease and after I posted the scan he told me that it *might* get a 9.4, assuming the rest of the book was perfect, something that Book 1 is far, far, far from being.

Here is the book in question, which is 9.8+ quality with a tiny crease that looks more like a production chip that *might* get a 9.4.

107996.jpg.e7adae35db4c022435d52c85c3be2f0b.jpg

Hey Joe, are you sure you didn't switch scans on us, my eyes are straining just to see the flaws you speak of. Maybe that's why I'm in the middle of the grading pack :lol:

Oh yea, Round 6 grade submitted....and the tag team response hm

(thumbs u I applaud your conviction.

Just like Joan or Arc.

Burned. :flamed: