• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FAN EXPO CANADA™ 2011 - August 25th to 28th in Toronto, Canada - Now 4 Days!

562 posts in this topic

Good luck with this year's show. I really hope you have all the problems from the last two years ironed out. Look forward to the recap as I will not be returning.

I concur, I don't believe there is anything big enough to draw me back to this show after the last 2 years of bad experiences and post show excuses for mismanagement.

Don't get me wrong I'm a huge fan and would consider going if I was attending alone, I can hack the wait and time consumption because I know something is waiting over the rainbow for me.

However when you go with non-fans and people you would like to introduce to the whole world of the convention it's quite difficult in explaining why everything is not going as advertised and I really don't think the promoters think of the "new" attendee and only die-hard fan.

All in all good luck with the show and I hope I'm wrong in my speculation.

2c

2011 Fan Expo Canada Guest Announcement Schedule

MAY 5 2011 Comic Guests

MAY 11 2011 Science Fiction Guests

MAY 17 2011 Horror Guests

MAY 19 2011 Gaming Guests

MAY 26 2011 Anime Guests

There is only 1 person I can think of that would be bigger than Stan Lee in the hobby that everyone would know and want to see. It has to be Todd McFarlane. :wishluck:

I don't know if "everyone" wants to see him. I for one could care less. Is he still that popular with the masses?

I do dig the way he draws VENOM though....