• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superman Family Collecting Thread!
3 3

1,567 posts in this topic

Perhaps the most famous Kal-El/Kara cover and the only one of the Superboy run:

Superboy_80_9-0.jpg

Oh great !..... :ohnoez: ...Another book I MUST have !! :makepoint:

Steelcity, you're collection is just SPECTACULAR !!.....I love seeing books I've never seen in high grade, which is so common in DC early Silver Age especially.....

My favorite Bob and Clark cover!

Surely Lar must qualify as a member of the Superman Family?

Doomed through his mistrustful "brother" to spend a thousand years in limbo, Mon-El emerges from the Phantom Zone with less of a grudge towards Kal-El than if he'd just missed out on a trip to Pizza Hut!

AdventureComics328.jpg

Here is a fairly unique twist on the "Superman Family" theme - Superboy and a grown up Superwoman.

This issue is one of those DC backgrounds that varies from deep blue to a mid purple.The other colors are also affected, probably simply showing inconsistent color saturation throughout the print run.

I think the color variations across the same issues of SA books is one of their appealing features!

ActionComics332.jpg

ActionComics332a.jpg

Perhaps the most famous Kal-El/Kara cover and the only one of the Superboy run:

Superboy_80_9-0.jpg

Oh great !..... :ohnoez: ...Another book I MUST have !! :makepoint:

Steelcity, you're collection is just SPECTACULAR !!.....I love seeing books I've never seen in high grade, which is so common in DC early Silver Age especially.....

Thanks. I hardly post a cover in months and then go on a posting binge in one evening...

That Bat #156 is a sole DC beacon in your array. Such a classic cover, perhaps there should be a "Batman #156" club!

Thanks !....Praise from Ceaser himself (worship)

Actually, I am mostly a DC (especially Batman) guy...I have more key books that I should post....Maybe I will....

And the Batman 156 isn't just a great cover, it's hard to find....It seems like dealers will have the whole run, except that issue. -

sas83cgc.jpg

Great copy, Danny. As DC covers took on that "late '60s" look at least in some titles a change of cover artist was responsible.

However, Sheldon Mayer gave his own covers a subtle change to late '60s look, which is harder to do. Curt Swan did the same, mostly by giving characters some groovy clothes!

There are 2 types / classes of SA Superman related comics and they are 3-part Wayne Boring novels and the rest of the stuff....although Swan's fine effort in Superman 158 comes CLOSE to qualifying :baiting: This one is my favorite. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friends of jesus) (thumbs u

SUPERMAN141.jpg

Edited by jimjum12

There are 2 types / classes of SA Superman related comics and they are 3-part Wayne Boring novels and the rest of the stuff....although Swan's fine effort in Superman 158 comes CLOSE to qualifying :baiting: This one is my favorite. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friends of jesus) (thumbs u

SUPERMAN141.jpg

Ι love this issue! :cloud9: