Amazing Spider-man #194 club!
11 11

302 posts in this topic

2,087 posts

I know it is not a real big value book but to me it is a nice key book that doesn't get enough attention. The Black Cat is a awesome addition to the Spider-Man cast and I am a big fan. I have owned many copies, 3 ungraded, a CGC 9.8, 2 CGC 9.6's and 2 CGC 9.4's. Right now I have a 9.4 and will eventually upgrade to a 9.8 again. Lets see the copies out there! I would love to see some of them 9.9's if anybody here owns one. Without further delay here is my 9.4 copy:

AmazingSpiderman194front.jpg

2,087 posts

I like the 9.4 copy better, plus that 9.6 had a 2 1/2 inch hair stuck in the case across the Black Cat's leg that is not visible in the pic....it really, really bugged me! :sumo:

2,087 posts
Borock Ped (thumbs u

lol

No love for #194 folks? Like I said I know it isn't a big money book but does it have to be to be a good book?

2,087 posts

Thanks for particapating! Lets go folks...I know many of you own a ASM #194. The book is worthy!!

3,070 posts

Ok, I have a copy but it's probably VF or so.

I don't own this, but thought this was kind of neat.

Spidey194_cover_Alt.jpg

56,394 posts

This was my personal copy, bought in the mid 90's for $1.00...

IMG_2128.jpg

I saw the 9.9 at Heritage's booth at SD in 2009 or 2010...don't remember...it was nice.

37,595 posts
I got this in December.

asm194.jpg

Nice, you don't often see higher-graded newsstand copies, especially as Whitman mass-produced 3-packs of the Diamond issues, which makes the populations even more skewed.

108896.jpg.a7dce2477e40712eb049ea4bcba5205e.jpg

1,036 posts

You can have a look at 2 of 4 9.9's at heritage archive's but I'd really love to see a 'real photo' or a bigger scan of these... wonder how the 3rd and 4th look like hm . Here are the links to the archives :

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=7009&Lot_No=91147

http://comics.ha.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=7027&Lot_No=91192

Once I get a good scanner I'll post my 9.8 :cool:

12,665 posts

I still have my copy bought off the rack at our local IGA grocery in Dayton, Ohio :cloud9:

I havent looked at it in a long time but it's probably 9.2ish i'd say. Back then, my dad would bribe me with comic books to go to the grocery with him to buy cigs. ASM 194 was one of the earliest books i remember getting on one of those cig runs.

1,055 posts

Got a few of them but only one is graded and I shall post a pic later once I get home. Love the Black Cat. :)

37,595 posts
You can have a look at 2 of 4 9.9's at heritage archive's but I'd really love to see a 'real photo' or a bigger scan of these...

Personally, I would like to see a CGC 9.9 Newsstand Edition, but I doubt one exists as those 9.9's are likely straight from Whitman multi-packs.