• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1`st Captain America Movie Poster

109 posts in this topic

More doom and gloom from the Hollywood design committee. I would have liked to have seen something patterned after the WWII propaganda posters. Something upbeat, with victory as the goal. This poster screams defeatism, and sorrow, rather than optimism and hope. Disappointing.

Well said. This is Captain America we're talking about here... no head bowing allowed...

You'd think they'd want him to at least look determined. He looks sleepy.

Dan

deviantart.com fake

Captain_America_Movie_Poster_2_by_hobo95.jpg

Well, if you want to get the old James Bond campy feel going, it would be perfect. hm

So, you prefer the actual poster? Heaven forbid they have a poster for an action movie with some actual action on it.

Avenge! I like it. :)

Both posters look good to me. The official one and the more dynamic montage. I say the more designs they can put out there the better. Either way I am really excited about this one.

I have read very little Cap so I've got to find a decent reprint volume of those first few Kirby issues. With the movie coming out, I would think Marvel will release some trades to help prime the novices out there.

More doom and gloom from the Hollywood design committee. I would have liked to have seen something patterned after the WWII propaganda posters. Something upbeat, with victory as the goal. This poster screams defeatism, and sorrow, rather than optimism and hope. Disappointing.

Well said. This is Captain America we're talking about here... no head bowing allowed...

Surely you jest. Captain America is the single worst "hero", and I use the term loosely, ever spawned by the comic book industry. A name and costume that are jingoism personified, combined with singleminded WWII plots, buried the character beyond any hope of redemption in the early forties. Marvel's worst creative mistake was resurrecting the sap in Avengers 4. He should have been leff to chill in that iceberg for a few more centuries.

Captain America? No thanks boys. I'd rather watch, and read, Mighty Mouse than that patriotic joke.

:/

Surely you jest. Captain America is the single worst "hero", and I use the term loosely, ever spawned by the comic book industry. A name and costume that are jingoism personified, combined with singleminded WWII plots buried the character beyond any hope of redemption in the early forties.

Captain America? No thanks boys. I'd rather watch, and read, Mighty Mouse than that patriotic joke.

:/

:eyeroll:

How do you really feel?

I've been critical of some of the pictures that have been released for this one, but I kind of like the poster (shrug)

I like the grey sky and gritty/dark feel of the poster; we are talking WW II. 2c

captain-america-poster_510.jpg

I like it. I find it to be strong dramatic image. I think the contrast between the explosion and the stillness of the central figure with head bowed to powerful.

What I don't like is the constant need for Marvel to parade costumed heroes around in the movie without the full costume. How many times did Spidey go around with his mask off in the movies? Way to many. The pictures from this film show Cap in the same manner, as well as his costume showing under his soldier's uniform. I guess the actors can't bear having their faces shown.

Dan

deviantart.com fake

Well, if you want to get the old James Bond campy feel going, it would be perfect. hm

So, you prefer the actual poster? Heaven forbid they have a poster for an action movie with some actual action on it.

Yeah, I really like the actual poster. I think it says a lot and is an extremely powerful image. The addition of the word 'Avenge' is the icing on the cake.

Sometimes real heroes bow their heads my friends...

9-11.jpg

Dan

deviantart.com fake

Yeah, I really like the actual poster. I think it says a lot and is an extremely powerful image. The addition of the word 'Avenge' is the icing on the cake.

From a design standpoint it's dull. If I were to turn this in while at art school I would fully expect a poor grade ( that's if the teacher approved the comp in the first place ). What does it really say? It's not telling me anything about the movie or making me interested to even find out more. It's a comicbook movie for cripes sake, it should be fun and interesting.

9-11.jpg

I have a lot of respect for Firemen...but they are not comicbook superheros.

9-11.jpg

I have a lot of respect for Firemen...but they are not comicbook superheros.

Sure they are!!! (thumbs u

callgraphicnovel.jpg