• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Diamond Digital

22 posts in this topic

Things will change, but I see it taking at least 5 years before it's a major sea change towards digital. I'm pretty adaptable, so not particularly freaked out by it. Heck, I know of some stores that make money selling VHS tapes...

We'll see what happens, should be interesting.

I would like to see numbers on digital only titles (if there even is such a thing).

I hope the publishers, Marvel and DC especially, don't loose sight of the fact that it's collectors that drive most of their sales. My guess is a lot of collectors buy comics to keep their runs going without ever reading the garbage that's being printed these days.

Of course, I suppose the same genius that thought that killing off a character a quarter would be a good idea would be the same one that would think that moving a collectable commodity to a non-collectible format would be a good idea. doh!