• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Commission Collecting Thread
15 15

2,863 posts in this topic

If you liked Speedy-D's Al Plastino commission, you might also enjoy this one by Al. It's what inspired him to commission Al. BTW, Al's great fun as you can read in my description.

Legion (LSH) by Al Plastino - Adv 247 Splash Re-creation/Update

I can't seem to link to the image directly. Sorry about that.

Plastino,%20Al%20-%20LSH%20in%20Adventure%20247.jpg

:luhv: :luhv: :luhv: :luhv: :luhv: :luhv: :luhv: :luhv: :luhv: :luhv:

I have a few pieces I've acquired, buy by and by, commissioned pieces and sketches tend to be my favorite type of OA... though that's probably due to the fact that getting good costumed action pieces that's published is WELL out of my price range.

Of the pieces in my CAF... these are probably some of my favorite commissioned pieces (all acquired second-hand):

Wolverine v. The Hulk (by someone named Warlord styled after Bruce Timm):

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=552934&GSub=46974

Spidey v. Kraven (by Steve Rude):

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=387003&GSub=46974

Spidey v. Doc Ock (by Alex Saviuk):

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=387000&GSub=46974

Spidey v. Hobgoblin (by Ron Frenz):

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=386994&GSub=46974

Thanks! I had the chance to show him a picture of it and talk with him in Baltimore '08. SUCH a nice and friendly person too! He is definitely one of the people who made the convention a memorable one for me.

Thanks! I had the chance to show him a picture of it and talk with him in Baltimore '08. SUCH a nice and friendly person too! He is definitely one of the people who made the convention a memorable one for me.

No doubt, he really does seem like a nice guy. I've never caught him in anything but a jolly mood. And watching him draw, it looks so effortless.

First piece of OA that I ever purchased was a Curt Swan Superman. As far as I'm concerned, this is the best Superman image by the best Superman artist; not that I'm biased or anything.

Read the full story here. :)

My collection is mostly commissions (Swan, Kubert, Cardy, Colan, Trimpe plus more recent folks like Hembeck and Zahler). I'll post more going forward or you can simply look in my CAF Gallery.

SupermanBySwan.jpg

Here's a recent commission by Fred Hembeck. Though I own lots of comics with men and women in spandex and furry underpants, I really love funny books especially Sheldon Mayer's work.

With that in mind, I decided to approach some artists about creating the cover to Sugar and Spike #100 which was never published.

Fred was my first thought and I think he knocked it out of the park.

Please read the description in my CAF page for the piece to get an understanding of all the "Easter Eggs" in the piece. Trust me, it's worth the read because there is a lot going on.

Hembeck,%20Fred%20-%20Sugar%20and%20Spike%20100%20Cover%20(created).jpg

I like this thread so I'll add another one - Bat Lash by Nick Cardy.

I think this is a wonderful image and its one of the pieces that my wife likes enough to hang in the den. Nick draws the prettiest women (Cardy Girls) and this scene captures the spirit of the Bat Lash comic book by Sergio Aragones, Denny O'Neil, and Nick Cardy. Sergio even plays a role in one story, you should check it out if you don't know the series.

For those that don't like links or stories, here's the image:

Bat%20Lash.jpg

I like this thread so I'll add another one - Bat Lash by Nick Cardy.

I think this is a wonderful image and its one of the pieces that my wife like enough to hang in the den. Nick draws the prettiest women (Cardy Girls) and this scene captures the spirit of the Bat Lash comic book by Sergio Aragones, Denny O'Neil, and Nick Cardy. Sergio even plays a role in one story, you should check it out if you don't know the series.

For those that don't like links or stories, here's the image:

Bat%20Lash.jpg

Okay seriously! We have the exact same taste, except you have everything and I want everything. This must stop!