• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Collection Tracking Software?

69 posts in this topic

The barcode (Code128) is generated based on the database ID of the book. I personally make a unique entry for every book rather than use the "quantity" for each duplicate book. This ensures that my barcode is unique to every individual book. The barcode is a genuine image barcode. Writing the Code128 generator was pretty easy and a fun learning experience. \:\)

which barcode generator should i choose, i am trying to find one to generate some 1D and 2D barcodes.

Hey all - of course I'm biased because I wrote the software but I'd be more than happy to engage in a discussion why I believe Nostomania is the best option here:

Nostomania

Any users on the boards, let's hear the pros and cons?

I checked out your system a while back, but couldn't get past the fact that it looks like it was built using Excel back in 1998.

I use CLZ/Collectorz. Although I must admit, I'm never quite sure what kinds of subscriptions I have between the desktop and cloud and app and what needs to synch where.

But does Collectorz keep track of the value of your collection for you, with a price guide driven by actual sales? This is a big advantage of using Nostomania, if you are a serious collector.

It definitely has the fields to support you entering the price you paid and the actual value, but I believe it is on you to use your own resources (such as GPA etc) to put in the value and keep it up to date.

If it was automated, that would be amazing.

That is one of the things I love about Collectorz software, scan the barcode or look up the title for pre-barcode books, and have it auto-download all the information about the comic (synopsis, creators, dates, characters, cover images etc).. then tailor it to meet your need - for example own scans of the book, custom notes, fields tags etc. Sync across desktop, iPhone and website.