• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New ebay auctions sure to stir the pot!

69 posts in this topic

Don't forget to send the labels back to CGC so that the census doesn't get more screwed up. makepoint.gif

Here we go the books that I first sent to CGC then to CGG. I should of did it the other way as they came back lower from CGG. foreheadslap.gif

My auctions

Shill away

Here we go the books that I first sent to CGC then to CGG. I should of did it the other way as they came back lower from CGG. foreheadslap.gif

My auctions

Shill away

foreheadslap.gif

You missed all the talk here about CGG grading tighter than CGC. tonofbricks.gif

Whats up? What did I miss my ACES? Yea I've been gone for over a month. Summ it up for me so I don't have to read 500 pages.

When I left some of us was talking about how we hate the 1 year wait to get books back from CGC, and we decided the lower price books might not be to bad to send in to CGG just because the quick turnaround. And the price difference in grading fee offset the difference made on final sale. But that was all we were really talking about.

So I missed some big CGG slam contest... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Someone sent a ASM 122 that CGG graded as 9.4 to CGC because most everyone here thought it was overgraded and even perhaps trimmed/restored but it came back 9.6 blue label.

What a fuss... foreheadslap.gif

Funny,

Well I use both services now and I will still use CGG, just like this last batch I sent in 2 weeks and I have books graded and in my hands and already listed on ebay. I sent 4 books to CGC 2 months ago and still waiting to get them back.

Oh well, to each their own. 893blahblah.gif27_laughing.gif

The obvious question is...what were the CGC grades for these books??? confused-smiley-013.gif

Book................CGG......................................CGC

Conan #1.............6.0......................................6.5

Captain Marvel #1...6.0....................................7.5

Daredevil # 49........6.5....................................8.0

Daredevil # 57.......7.0.....................................8.0

Daredevil # 25.......9.0....................................9.4

here are the grades of the books that are up right now. First grade is what CGG gave them and the second one is what CGC gave them. The other books were Captain America books for my own collection. those were mostly off by 1/2 grades.

WOW! 893whatthe.gif I was expecting maybe a .2-.4 difference in grade, but that is a huge spread!

What he said! 893whatthe.gif

You missed all the talk here about CGG grading tighter than CGC

Undergrading consistently across the board is NOT evidence of stricter/tighter/better grading 893naughty-thumb.gif In this case, all the difference in grades means is that richnerd lost himself a lot of $$$ in final auction prices by deciding to sell his books in a CGG holder vs the CGC holder. I hope he is able to recoup at least his grading costs for the whole experiment.

If I started my copycat 3rd party grading company tomorrow and I wanted to establish a name/reputation for myself, I'd go out and grade "stricter" than the best company out there, as evidence by most of the reactions on here, that if I grade lower, I must be grading better and thus more accurate insane.gif Besides, isn't that how CGC stood out over the rampant overgrading at the time and isn't CGG all about copying what CGC does to attain success and acceptance by the comic book community...at this rate, CGG may become the longest April Fool's Joke and go two years running foreheadslap.gif