• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Value on Amazing Spider-Man 28 CGC 9.0

64 posts in this topic

Funny thing about that 9.2 was that Ideal Collectables listed it a year earlier, and it only reached $17000(reserve not met). Like Supa said earlier; what a difference a year makes.

BTW, does anyone know anything about the person who purchased the 9.2?

Only reason i paid 5X guide is because you simply cannot find these,a 9.2 with white pages for 2K? i'll take it. there is only 1 other 9.2 in the census,and comiclink bought it with a missing piece,i don't mind paying a bit more for something that is fairly rare in high grade if it's something i really want,I won't sell it,it's for myself and i haven't kept anything for myself in a long time..you can even ask gman about that. Kevin

I'm owed about $700 from a guy. He has a Amazing Spider-Man 28 CGC 9.0 he's offering. Thoughts?

Donut, sounds to me like there are three or four people in this thread who said they would buy it from you at $700.... Seems like a no-brainer to me.

This should also be under the "qualified" label. Maybe the new grading guide will shed some light on these issues.
I've seen many, many examples of CGC books with interior tears, and they almost never give them the "Qualified" grade. Interior tears are a very common defect.

Overstreet did make it rather clear in the new grading guide as to the length an interior tear can be for the various grades. The problem is that I don't agree with it! Going by the new guide, a 1/2" interior tear is a VG-type defect! I don't buy this. Even a 1" interior tear is not a big deal. The interior of a comic should be graded with a COMPLETELY different set of standards from the exterior. How many of us sit around staring longingly at interior pages? Never; interior pages are read, not coveted. The exterior is coveted.

The most important quality of interior grading should be readability; 1/2" to 1" tears almost NEVER affect readability. I'm with CGC on their downgrading of interior tears.

BTW, thanks for pointing out that JIM 109, I just placed a bid on it. smile.gif

"BTW, thanks for pointing out that JIM 109, I just placed a bid on it. "

If you don't mind the defect, then all the more power to you. Good luck!

I'm not sure how responsive Josh is to those bids though..........

If you don't mind the defect, then all the more power to you.
Thomas Harris said it very well via his character Hannibal Lecter: "we covet what we see all around us, every day." Comic collectors see and covet covers; interiors typically are looked at once or twice and only remembered, not seen.

I've gotten two or three comics from ComicLink with bids. It's all up to whoever consigned the comic; and if it's Josh's, it's all up to how badly he needs cash at the time you bid.

That's true if you're strictly a collector, but when I buy certain books, I'm not entirely sure if I will be keeping it for the long haul, or re-selling at a later date. So for liquidity purposes, I prefer books without such defects.

It is a nice looking book though. If you manage to get it through comiclink's bid system, I'd be interested to know.

I thought about it and I've only gotten a book from Josh once with a bid in February 2002 -- Spidey 22 CGC 9.2 offwhite to white -- listed at $650, I offered $500, got a $550 counteroffer, I accepted.

The other two times I was thinking of were actually bids I made directly to the consigners. Once I saw a book pop up there and found out the following day during a conversation with the consigner that it was his. Another time I saw a book pop up and knew exactly who had consigned it.

Yep, I saw it when it first hit. I've been wanting this book for over two years. I didn't even start buying Thors until this year, but before that I was collecting all Magneto crossovers because he's my favorite villain. This is the only crossover I still don't have.

It will go for quite a bit of dough, I guarantee it. ooo.gif I'm pretty sure this guy bought it on E-Bay late last year, but I can't remember what he paid. At least 3 times guide, I believe.