• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay user bongo2001, and mydadsextras

146 posts in this topic

I sell to Kyle (bongo2001) all the time. Yes he is slow to pay. He never pays until the end of the grace period after eBay sends him the automatic NPB email. After the first couple of times he did this I learned that this is just how he does it. So what? He pays and he's consistent in that he pays at the last possible moment. So when he buys from me, I know payment is coming and when it is coming. The fact that it's 1.5 weeks after the auction doesn't bother me at all. It's a 1000x better than people that never pay, which unfortunately is way too many on eBay. Maybe people need to learn a little patience, especially when you know it's someone that eventually WILL pay.

11 minutes ago, LordRahl said:

I sell to Kyle (bongo2001) all the time. Yes he is slow to pay. He never pays until the end of the grace period after eBay sends him the automatic NPB email. After the first couple of times he did this I learned that this is just how he does it. So what? He pays and he's consistent in that he pays at the last possible moment. So when he buys from me, I know payment is coming and when it is coming. The fact that it's 1.5 weeks after the auction doesn't bother me at all. It's a 1000x better than people that never pay, which unfortunately is way too many on eBay. Maybe people need to learn a little patience, especially when you know it's someone that eventually WILL pay.

Maybe some people need to learn to abide by their commitments. 

When bongo2001 aka Kyle bids/buys an item from a seller who has stated payment terms then that’s what he’s committing to whether he personally agrees with those terms or not.  

If he doesn’t agree with those terms or can’t abide by them he should just pass, not tie up a sellers item while he unilaterally imposes his own payment terms.  

It’s not about “patience”.  I allow 7 days for payment plus the additional 4 days eBay imposes before a NPA goes through, 11 days total.  Plenty of time on this day an age. 

I’m glad he has you to deal with. Hope one day he doesn’t decide that dragging his feet on payment isn’t the only thing he wants to mess around with.  

1 hour ago, Number 6 said:

Maybe some people need to learn to abide by their commitments. 

When bongo2001 aka Kyle bids/buys an item from a seller who has stated payment terms then that’s what he’s committing to whether he personally agrees with those terms or not.  

If he doesn’t agree with those terms or can’t abide by them he should just pass, not tie up a sellers item while he unilaterally imposes his own payment terms.  

It’s not about “patience”.  I allow 7 days for payment plus the additional 4 days eBay imposes before a NPA goes through, 11 days total.  Plenty of time on this day an age. 

I’m glad he has you to deal with. Hope one day he doesn’t decide that dragging his feet on payment isn’t the only thing he wants to mess around with.  

Missing the forest for the trees. He's willing to pay more for the books he wants (otherwise he wouldn't be winning). I'd rather make more for my books and wait a week and half for payment then make less but either get paid right away or not get paid at all as happens with lots of buyers. I see how his antics can be frustrating though so everyone's mileage will vary.

bongo has purchased several items from me over the years, all slabs I believe. He has ALWAYS paid, but yes, he is slow and won't return messages about payment. I don't even message him or resend an invoice anymore.

If you can deal with his typical 14-15 days to pay, he's good. Otherwise, you're going to be frustrated.

On 1/8/2019 at 12:49 PM, LordRahl said:

Your last sentence is the key part... Most sellers do not know that a non-paying buyer "eventually will pay."