• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New to buyin bag/boards from E Gerber

50 posts in this topic

Yeah...I guess I'll use regular bags and I'll wait until I go to a comic convention again and try to buy e gerber half backs and mylite 2s (maybe 200 or something) and slowly phase them out.... I dunno.

Are there any comic cons in new york or philly or on the east coast anytime soon? any good ones?

I recently placed a large order from E.Gerbers website and was told there would be another price increase on mylars by the end of this year. The gentlemen stated that in the last 10 years there have only be 12 or so increases, but that this latest one would be the biggest. I only order 500 or so mylars and he said that it would probably be in my best interest after the increase to buy from a wholeseller like hotflips.com as they will be much cheaper than buying directly from egerber.com

FYI I was also told that egerber has cut off all business with Russ at comicsupply.com so him continually advertising egerber products and being able to place orders with them is no longer possible. Because of large number of complaints they no longer sell to him.

FYI I was also told that egerber has cut off all business with Russ at comicsupply.com so him continually advertising egerber products and being able to place orders with them is no longer possible. Because of large number of complaints they no longer sell to him.

^^

hey people, help!

I'm new to comics and I purchase today EGerber FullBacks, I love it.

the question is: What's the side to put the comic on? or both sides are the same? I can see a difference on each side, so it seems one side is the correct.

that is a thing that confuse me, I was thinked this:

The Halfback is slim and only protect one side

The Fullback is more strong and protect both sides

or I'm wrong? both protect both sides but the halfback is just more slim than fullback?

???

thank you!

hey people, help!

I'm new to comics and I purchase today EGerber FullBacks, I love it.

the question is: What's the side to put the comic on? or both sides are the same? I can see a difference on each side.

that is a thing that confuse me, I understand this:

The Halfback is slim and only protect one side

The Fullback is more strong and protect both sides

or I'm wrong? both protect both sides but one is just slim than other?

thank you!

Hi Vito,

On the full back board there is no difference on either side so no worries there. The fullback offers more protection due to its thickness so it keeps the book a bit more ridged and not easily bendable. It protects the comic don't worry about the 1 side 2 side thing, it's mute.

thank you guys, ok great both sides protect equal,

checking close I see a difference in each side, is hard to catch on a picture, but the on texture looks more dotted and other more soft (undotted), check this picture: top (dotted) bottom (undotted) http://d.pr/i/17vqt

it looks like the undotted soft looks better but well YOU are the experts and I know now that both sides protect the same.

thanks again ;)

2016 and EGerber still don't accept paypal or even a way to check out on his site!

how do you buy from EGerber site? send you credit card numbers over an email??? lol very insecure!

Yeah, they are pretty old school - I don't think they will even take an order over email, you have to call them.