• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Getting Anxious

5 posts in this topic

Walking Dead #1 and #4

On March 26th, I took my issues of Walking Dead #1 and #4 CGC graded at 9.8s to a comicon and had a CGC witness view Tony Moore signing them (they were already previously signed by Robert Kirkman). Well, he took the comics with him and they were received by CGC on April 21st and are still in the verified step. Its been over two months since I submitted these comics and I am just getting anxious about them and whether they are going to hold their grade. I mean yeah it was a CGC witness that had them but still nearly a month to be holding onto the comics is a long time, hopefully they will come back as 9.8s.

See more journals by mikelutes

Was this at the comic con in Overland Park? I went as well, and had Tony sign my Venom #1. CGC took the book, and they still have it. I can't even look up the status since I joined the collector society after the con.

I just hope the book wasn't damaged in transit :eek:

Wizard World Philadelphia is almost here. in the past few years I had dropped off books for same day grading hoping to get a 9.8. Some did, most didn't, but 9.6's aren't bad either for books I had for 20 years. This year is different. The books are already a 9.8, but no signature. There is someone attending the con this year that I want to have sign the books and as afraid as I am even letting the books from my grasp for a day I hope the outcome will be fruitful.

In your case I cannot imagine. I did have some books signed by Stan Lee and the only one I was nervous about was my ASM 129. I benefited, but everyday I was checking the registry hoping it didn't drop. I look forward to seeing what you get back. Please let us know in your next journal.

Tnerb