• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why doesn't CGC allow web searching Serial #s online?

2 posts in this topic

I mean to the general public (non-members)

I called in today to validate a serial number telephonically and received very prompt and courteous customer service. I didn't even know CGC maintain's the graders' notes on comics, which were read to me over the telephone.

No complaints, it was easy for me - but not eveyone is willing to go so far as to pick up a telephone. It seems to me you would want as many people as possible visiting your website, and as a collector I would pefer to have the convenience of checking serial numbers anytime I want with the click of a mouse.

• Administrator

We currently only offer the Certification Verification to our paid members as a benefit of that membership. Since we are happy to verify the information over the phone we feel that this adds a special value to the paid membership which can be as little as $39 per year and also offers online tracking and a 10% discount for online submissions.