• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tips for filling in a partially filled comic box

28 posts in this topic

I am sure that everyone has his or her own way of keeping comics upright and snug in a partially filled comic box (short or long). What I usually do is take my TPBs and use those to fill in the slack space and gradually replace them with comics as the new ones come in. This is kind of unwieldy though, and as I increase the number of boxes I have to organize my collection into separate boxes, it can be kind of a chore to keep shifting TPBs around to fill slack space.

Does anyone else have a better way?

either air bubble plastic or even wrapped pages of newspapers in homogenic volumes do the trick very well...

Bubble plastic and newspaper both give off quite large (relatively) amounts of acid and toxins that can harm your comic books. I wouldn't advise using either as a long term storage solution.

That is a good question. I use these thin cardboard pieces and I fold em and tape em into kinda a wedge shap and place a few backing boards behind my last comic so as not to leave a mark and then i place these things behind the comics and it puts enough gentle pressure on them so they wont fall backwards or damage em. Been doing it for years with no bad results.

Bubble plastic and newspaper both give off quite large (relatively) amounts of acid and toxins that can harm your comic books. I wouldn't advise using either as a long term storage solution.

Thanks for the advice.

But those "products" aren't in direct contact with the bagged/boaded comics. Usually there's around 3 or 4 backboards to prevent any bent/crease on the spine of the last comic in contact with the boards/newspapers/bubbles plastic.

Same here. I create a "cushion".

Thanks for the advice.

But those "products" aren't in direct contact with the bagged/boaded comics. Usually there's around 3 or 4 backboards to prevent any bent/crease on the spine of the last comic in contact with the boards/newspapers/bubbles plastic.