• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Glub Glub Club - Drowning in underwater covers

48 posts in this topic

Bought this one raw off eBay. It was listed as a 5.0, image looked more like a 4.0, but the price was OSPG 2.0. There are only a few Barks duck covers that fit in my theme and all of them are great. I would like to upgrade this one someday, but even if I do I'm pretty sure I'll hang on to all of the undercopies I end up with.

Four Color 291:

FourColor291-1.jpg

I bought a couple books from tomorrowstreasures (aka Richard Muchin). I know people either love him or hate him, there have even been a few threads about his practices. I decided to see for myself. He had a couple books I liked a lot, both were listed with no conservation/restoration/repair, and both were priced a little over what I would expect to pay. I made an offer on each book for 90% of his BIN and he accepted within the hour. He, like most eBay sellers, probably overgrades a little bit, I took that into account and ended up getting the books at a price that, while higher than FMV, I was satisfied with. I've been looking for a nice copy of WDC&S 143 for a while and never found one that was better than 5.0. Described as 8.5, I think this copy is more of a 7.5 with the spine being a little rough, but it's so adorable:

WDCandS143.jpg

The second book is Marvel Tales 156, which I didn't know about until I browsed through his store. Described as 6.0/6.5, I think that's closer to correct than the WDC&S. Not very many black underwater covers (Hit #5 :cloud9: being the best IMO)

MarvelTales.jpg

I'll probably end up making at least a few more purchases from tomorrowtreasures since he has decent books and the transaction went smoothly.

I got these two DCs in today:

Batman207.jpgTeenTitans40.jpg

I'm also planning to make the Aquaman covers by Nick Cardy a priority in the near future. I've only got two so far, but I think the full run of underwaters from this series will be captivating when seen together.

Aquaman48.jpgAquaman52.jpg

Picked this one up a few hours ago on eBay. The piece out of the spine is not ideal, but this is another book I'll be looking to upgrade down the road. For now, I'm happy with it as a placeholder of one of my favorite covers.

0992946015a.jpg

Also looking forward to the traditional crack and read when it arrives.