• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

40's, 50's, 60's Vintage SciFi Paperbacks - Part 2! CLOSED - ALL BOOKS SOLD!

110 posts in this topic

SalesHeader.jpg

Whassup dudes/dudettes? I managed to luck out yet again with another nice sampling of vintage SciFi paperbacks that I picked up yesterday while out Craigslisting (as well as a nice small SA comic collection which I'll be plying later). Since the other PB sales thread (now Part I) was closed yesterday, I thought it best to start a new thread with the books I picked up yesterday.

The majority of these come from a single original owner (the same as yesterday), and these ones appear virtually unread (other than his name written inside the front cover). Others are well read but complete. If there are any obvious defects, I'll try to note them in the listings.

Rules: No probation listers, etc.

Shipping: Buyer pays actual cost, you choose the method. There is no doubt that these qualify for media mail ;)

Pricing: I'll start these out at a flat rate of $5 each. Once the last book has been listed, I'll let 24 hours pass and all books will reduce to $4. After another 24 hours all books will reduce to $3. The thread will close on the following day.

Exception to the rule: If you purchased something from my thread yesterday, you can take $1 off of the current asking price! Thus you will get a $5 book for $4, etc.

There are around 40 books being listed this time around. I'll start posting within the hour!

The Burning by James E. Gunn - 1972 (Delll) - Your Price: $5.00

This one looks appallingly bad - which is why I almost kept it for myself. Just check out the blurb from the back of the book:

"The beautiful blonde girl with the burning eyes motioned for John Wilson to come closer.

'You, John Wilson,' she said, 'were guilty of the sin of pride. You believed only in reason, in intellect, in yourself. Now it is time to admit your error. Now it is time to submit to a higher power. John Wilson, we are offering you a chance for salvation. Forget you were a scientist, and join our ranks. We welcome you, John Wilson, not as a scientist, but as a witch.' The girl paused and put her hands on his shoulders. 'Tell me, John Wilson, do you agree? Yes or no?'

'Yes,' said John Wilson. He knew that the doors to his past had shut fast, and the doors to a strange and terrible future had opened wide..."

lol - You must have it.

Burning.jpg

Analog 1 by John W. Campbell - 1964 (Paperback Library) - Your Price: $4.00

Giants Unleashed Edited by Groff Conklin - 1965 (Tempo) - Your Price: $4.00

:takeit:

Yours at the $4 ea. discount! Thanks again holmes! :headbang:

You're the man ! (thumbs u