• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

40's, 50's, 60's Vintage SciFi Paperbacks - Part 2! CLOSED - ALL BOOKS SOLD!

110 posts in this topic

Welcome to the Club by Clement Biddle Wood - 1966 (Ballantine) - Your Price: $4.00

President Fu Manchu by Sax Rohmer - 1969 (Pyramid) - Your Price: $4.00

:takeit:

Excellent choices!

Well, the Fu Manch is. Not so sure about the whole Biddle Wood thing. lol

Welcome to the Club by Clement Biddle Wood - 1966 (Ballantine) - Your Price: $4.00

President Fu Manchu by Sax Rohmer - 1969 (Pyramid) - Your Price: $4.00

Excellent choices!

Well, the Fu Manch is. Not so sure about the whole Biddle Wood thing. lol

I know. Impulse I guess....I wanted to see more of Clarke's "other" work....

Time Probe by Arthur C. Clarke and others - 1967 (Dell) - Your Price: $5.00 :news:SOLD to edgerx!

Sorry edge...looks like this is not strictly an Arthur C. Clarke book. An interesting selection nevertheless. Includes stories by Clarke, Heinlein, Asimov, Leinster, Silverberg and others.

Each story concerns an aspect of science or technology: archaeology, astronomy, biology, chemistry, cybernetics, detereology, exobiology, mathematics, medicine, physics and physiology.

TimeProbe.jpg

Time Probe by Arthur C. Clarke and others - 1967 (Dell) - Your Price: $5.00

Sorry edge...looks like this is not strictly an Arthur C. Clarke book. An interesting selection nevertheless. Includes stories by Clarke, Heinlein, Asimov, Leinster, Silverberg and others.

Each story concerns an aspect of science or technology: archaeology, astronomy, biology, chemistry, cybernetics, detereology, exobiology, mathematics, medicine, physics and physiology.

TimeProbe.jpg

Even better! :takeit:

War With the Newts by Karel Capek - 1955 (Bantam) - Your Price: $5.00 :news:SOLD to godquest!

lol - you have to read the back cover blurb:

"Newts, it seemed, were harmless, useful and simple to train. They were very eager to please. They learned easily; they bred quickly; they prospered under practically any conditions.

But then the newts began to understand their own strength - and mankind's weakness!"

LORD HELP US THE NEWTS ARE COMING! (I added this last part myself)

WarWithNewts.jpg

War With the Newts by Karel Capek - 1955 (Bantam) - Your Price: $5.00

lol - you have to read the back cover blurb:

"Newts, it seemed, were harmless, useful and simple to train. They were very eager to please. They learned easily; they bred quickly; they prospered under practically any conditions.

But then the newts began to understand their own strength - and mankind's weakness!"

LORD HELP US THE NEWTS ARE COMING! (I added this last part myself)

WarWithNewts.jpg