• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age War comics
15 15

1,413 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, Johnny545 said:

I did see those - great books.  I think I read somewhere how you had a chance to buy some Salda books, but do you mind sharing the story again?  Also have you see any Atlad Salida? Apparently there was a near full run of all Atlas war issues.

These were bought through a private sale. He had about 6 more but wouldn't sell me them all. He had no Atlas or DC. Only time I have ever seen any for sale. 

2 hours ago, creaturefan95 said:

What grade do you think your War Comics #11 would get if submitted?

Atlas War comics #11 is the number one Key Atlas war book , the highest CGC graded in the census is a lone 6.0 with four 5.5's and one 5.0,,,

i saw a Voldy 5.5 at a comic con last year and it was overgraded by at least two grades ,... the asking price was $1350.00

if some one is sitting on a raw VF copy of this comic they could be sitting on a nice little gold mine if they were to get it graded and put it up for auction....

there is only a total of 12 CGC graded but the comic is actually relatively common in low grade and with patience a buyer can find one in the good range for a couple hundred or less..

my copy is in the 3,0 - 3,5 range ,.. hopefully the later,.. i plan on getting it graded someday ...

6 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

Atlas War comics #11 is the number one Key Atlas war book , the highest CGC graded in the census is a lone 6.0 with four 5.5's and one 5.0,,,

i saw a Voldy 5.5 at a comic con last year and it was overgraded by at least two grades ,... the asking price was $1350.00

if some one is sitting on a raw VF copy of this comic they could be sitting on a nice little gold mine if they were to get it graded and put it up for auction....

there is only a total of 12 CGC graded but the comic is actually relatively common in low grade and with patience a buyer can find one in the good range for a couple hundred or less..

my copy is in the 3,0 - 3,5 range ,.. hopefully the later,.. i plan on getting it graded someday ...

Oh they are out there in high grade just not slabbed 

Just now, 1950's war comics said:

Then the first one who is able to get a VF 8.0 CGC grade and puts i puts for auction is sitting on a mini gold mine

:flipbait:

On 6/21/2018 at 8:57 PM, 1950's war comics said:

Here is one of the 5.5's.  

WAR-#11-B.jpg