• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How Rare are Double Cover

47 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

I only see one cover. :baiting:

:shy: That's actually my single cover undercopy. I don't have a shot of the double cover. But since everyone's is clamoring for it, I'll post it up ASAP. 

17 hours ago, the blob said:

18 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Anybody know how rare a Incredible Hulk 162 first Wendigo double cover is?

Generally curious buuuut:

There is no real way to know, no print run of it etc. But I think in general we would all really like to know "how rare are double covers of anything".......in case we stumble across any double covers etc.

You will never really know because going by slabs is pointless.  Nobody will slab a 5.0 of that book.

A dealer/collector who process a huge amount of inventory, buys collections, etc. may have a better sense than some of us.  Flying Donut has been into variants and errors since forever, I remember him on the ebay boards too in the early 2000s before I joined here... Dan, what are your thoughts?  My experience is like 1 every 5,000 books I own, but that seems too small as I see people talking about them more frequently it would seem.

@FlyingDonut

In all my years collecting, reading, buying... I have never come across one on the newsstand or on the shelf at the store. 

Edited by Buzzetta
Apparently I could not spell newsstand correctly on the first try.