• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rarest modern comic??????
1 1

46 posts in this topic

This comic was published in 1994 and already had a very low print run but most of the copies were lost. There is a write up about it in the current Overstreet on page 103. My copy is the only copy I have ever seen.

Transformer001.jpg

maxx 1/2 red and blue 10 copies each.

Not sure if you count this, Ive only ever seen one other, and may have very well been the same one cuz i saw it raw and it was a long time ago on ebay.

scan0244.jpg

Not sure if you count this, Ive only ever seen one other, and may have very well been the same one cuz i saw it raw and it was a long time ago on ebay.

scan0244.jpg

Wow, that is really cool! :applause:

Rare is a subjective term as it relates to the economics of a collectible.

From a circulation and population standpoint it can be meaningless without the proper laws of supply and demand.

One good example is within the original comic art hobby. Every single page, whether a cover, a splash page or panelled page are one of a kind, whether it's from Amazing Spider-Man #1 or from Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends #1... so from the standpoint of being something unique, they're equal as one-of-a-kind items... and that out trumps any low print runs or high grade condition scarcity based on population reports, in my opinion.

...But from the standpoint of the number of people who want it, and also the amount of money people would pay for it, then that's a different story.

I think that's something speculators and investors in the marketplace always should keep in mind.

"If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"

If a comic book is declared scare and no one is around to buy it, is it worth anything?

scan0244.jpg

WOW!!!

From a circulation and population standpoint it can be meaningless without the proper laws of supply and demand.

One good example is within the original comic art hobby. Every single page, whether a cover, a splash page or panelled page are one of a kind, whether it's from Amazing Spider-Man #1 or from Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends #1... so from the standpoint of being something unique, they're equal as one-of-a-kind items... and that out trumps any low print runs or high grade condition scarcity based on population reports, in my opinion.

...But from the standpoint of the number of people who want it, and also the amount of money people would pay for it, then that's a different story.

I think that's something speculators and investors in the marketplace always should keep in mind.

"If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"

No, sound is made by the vibrations in your ear, if you're not there there is no sound.

No, sound is made by the vibrations in your ear, if you're not there there is no sound.

doh!

Put a tape recorder in the forest. Turn it on. Leave.

Come back. Play back the tape. Sound.

doh!

Put a tape recorder in the forest. Turn it on. Leave.

Come back. Play back the tape. Sound.

you tried that?

scan0244.jpg

I am very surprised CGC refers to this as a "printer error". It's not an error, it's a make-ready copy (for registering the print run, setting up the bindery machines, or for setting up the cutter) that found it's way through the printing production.

An error would suggest that it was a mistake - it was not, it simply didn't get thrown out with the other make readies, and got past quality control. It's a defect, not an error.

I'm not sure what the more accurate term would be, but since CGC detracts points for miscut covers (also a bindery problem) this should be graded down for actually being a very significant defect.

scan0244.jpg

Yeah, that's a really neat book.

scan0244.jpg

Thanks guys! Its definitely a great book im glad i have in my collection.

scan0244.jpg

Want me to sign it...? You can get it SS'd....

scan0244.jpg

Want me to sign it...? You can get it SS'd....

hm I still havnt read that letter yet....

This comic was published in 1994 and already had a very low print run but most of the copies were lost. There is a write up about it in the current Overstreet on page 103. My copy is the only copy I have ever seen.

Transformer001.jpg

seen this book with 2 different dealers

according to the 1 dealer Bot Con didn't have the rites to produce a TF comic but forget the rest of the story of why it's hard to find