• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top 3 Daredevil Story Arcs / Runs

67 posts in this topic

One of the many projects I'm working on over the next 6-12 months involves Daredevil. I know Bendis & Brubakers work on modern Daredevil is pretty much mandatory reading, and then there's the penultimate Miller run that's a must. I guess my question is how would you fill in the Top 3?

Top 3 Daredevil Runs

1. Miller (158-191, 227-231)

2. ____________________

3. ____________________

Arcs

Born Again 227-234 Miller Mazzuchelli

Kingpin Returns 169-172 Miller/Janson

DD v2 1-7 reboot K Smith/Quesada**

**probably gets the nod over the "best" Bendis arc solely because it stood above what happened before & after; also because I'm too lazy to look at which Bendis arc I liked best

The rest of my top 10 would probably be a few from Bendis' run, maybe first Brubaker arc, First Bullseye/Widow Miller arc 160-161

Hard to add early "1 and 2 parters" from first series as "arcs" but storylines I liked included Mike Murdoch character, loved some of the Colan/Palmer art prior to issue 100.

We've talked about this before in various places, and it is my opinion that Born Again (DD #227-233) is one of the greatest stories ever told in comic book form. Not just DD, but overall.

It doesn't quite rival DK, Year One, MM, and Killing Joke, but it comes realllly close.

We've talked about this before in various places, and it is my opinion that Born Again (DD #227-233) is one of the greatest stories ever told in comic book form. Not just DD, but overall.

It doesn't quite rival DK, Year One, MM, and Killing Joke, but it comes realllly close.

I'll be looking at Miller's body of work (158-91, 227-33) to be sure. It's more of the other contributions that I'm wondering about.

I've enjoyed Tim Sale's work on the Marvel origins. What are thoughts on his Daredevil: Yellow story?

Born Again is every bit as good some of those others you mention, and Mazz's visual storytelling is superbly suited for the story.

Another Miller DD which is wonderful....Man Without Fear.

If the next Daredevil movie is based on Born Again, then I would expect Daredevil to finally breakout into icon status with mainstream. 2c

Born Again is every bit as good some of those others you mention, and Mazz's visual storytelling is superbly suited for the story.

Another Miller DD which is wonderful....Man Without Fear.

I am mortally offended by your arrogant self-assuredness. How DARE you challenge my dearly cherished notions? Who do you think you are, Mr. Know It All?

I shall now follow you about for the next several weeks, taking passive/aggressive swipes at you until you give me the satisfaction I DEMAND.

:sumo:

By the by, dingus..."I'm done with you for now" carries a whole lot less weight than "I will never post to or about X ever again."

Seriously...perspective is utterly lost of some of you...

lol

Hey - don't bring your thread-locking stink into MacMan's thread!!

If I hadn't posted that you wouldn't have responded & gotten points!! :baiting:

So....your welcome (intentional) ;)

The Conway / Colan / Palmer run with DD and the Black Widow (from about 72 - 98) was very good, with great art. Not quite Miller, but definitely worth investigating.

Also Jim Shooter and Gil Kane's run from 146 - 154 was tremendous, with excellent storylines focusing on Bullseye and other worthwhile villains/characters. Very much a forerunner to Miller's tenure, which set the darker, edgier tone of what was to come.