• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, ygogolak said:

A boardie has messaged CGC and asked about this when the whole idea of Tec #850 and Harley Quinn #3 were being thrown around. CGC stated at the time they would not be labeling anything because GCS was the name of the comic and title, not the name of the team. This is not true however.

When is the team name 1st mentioned? hm Tell me Obi-wan . . . 

1 hour ago, divad said:

When is the team name 1st mentioned? hm Tell me Obi-wan . . . 

About 5 pages into issue #18 there is a text bubble giving the location of where the story starts:

"Gotham City Animal Shelter. Home of the Gotham City Sirens." And the three of them are in the panel.

uzf26.jpg

Edited by ygogolak

1 hour ago, ygogolak said:

About 5 pages into issue #18 there is a text bubble giving the location of where the story starts:

"Gotham City Animal Shelter. Home of the Gotham City Sirens." And the three of them are in the panel.

uzf26.jpg

Thank you for this info - so if this is the case, what would Tec 850 be considered?

1 minute ago, Sensei Ryan said:

Thank you for this info - so if this is the case, what would Tec 850 be considered?

TEC #850 has been a controversial issue in terms of content since it got hot. It's really personal opinion as to its significance.

7 hours ago, Sensei Ryan said:

1st appearance of Gotham City Sirens - if it isn't Detective Comics #850, what is?  And do we know why CGC hasn't ruled definitively for their label?  I'm not a huge Tec collector but have 850 and would like to get it slabbed it if it is indeed their first appearance...

If it isn't Gotham City Sirens #1 then Catwoman #89 is the first appearance of the Gotham City Sirens. Harley Quinn #3 and Tec #850 are meaningless. 

19 hours ago, ygogolak said:
21 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I don't take interest in anything that has been already attempted twice. There is a reason why it hasn't been adapted. I don't think it will do well.

:gossip: it was optioned for a third time at the end of May. Actually getting made now...finally.

Have you ever read it?

Yes and I didn't like it. It was all the rage on these boards several years ago and I have watched the book tank twice. 
Go ahead and put some money in it maybe the 3rd time is the charm. 

Why do you think all these boardies have all these slabs? 

Edited by fastballspecial

1 minute ago, fastballspecial said:

Yes and I didn't like it. It was all the rage on these boards several years ago and I have watched the book tank twice. 

Haha, I'm not buying now. I'm selling now.
And I liked the story.

2 minutes ago, ygogolak said:
3 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Haha, I'm not buying now. I'm selling now.
And I liked the story.

Sell on the sizzle I can understand that. 

All I can think of is Preacher with this book, but like I said earlier 3rd time could be the charm.
I am long out of the book and wouldn't jump back in unless I find them in the $1 box which I might still be
able too. All let you know this weekend.

20 hours ago, Sideshow Bob said:
22 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I don't take interest in anything that has been already attempted twice. There is a reason why it hasn't been adapted. I don't think it will do well.

First L&K attempt was with Fox casting Miranda Otto as the mom. Fox went with Terra Nova as their big premiere after the Super Bowl. Bad choice, but I also watched that pilot and they jammed the entire first six issues into one hour of programming. It deserved better. It also didn't have Joe Hill writing the --script.

Second time was for Hulu, and Joe Hill did write the --script, but upon finishing the pilot featuring Danny Glover, there was a leadership shake-up at Hulu and the new crew didn't include those that green-lit this project. So it died.

Third time is for Netflix, and they are scrapping the Hulu pilot, but keeping Joe Hill on to co-write a new pilot. I have faith it will be done well, and with the long form of the comic in mind. Very excited! 

And in other IDW news, Wild Blue Yonder's six issues were adapted to an app that was released today, converting it to a motion comic book. Full soundtrack, voice talent including Gerard Butler, Zoey Deutch, and Ed Harris, plus you can move the art around for a 3D effect on the app as it plays. Pretty cool stuff! $4.99 gets you the app with all six issues, and I think its a panel-by-panel faithful following of the comic, so even from that point, its a deal compared to the HC trade

Thank you the flashback, but I was here when all that happened. You don't have to convince me you have to convince buyers.

I don't touch books that have been optioned and turned down several times. Like said earlier this might be the time. Or it could be the 4th time...….

2 hours ago, darkstar said:

If it isn't Gotham City Sirens #1 then Catwoman #89 is the first appearance of the Gotham City Sirens. Harley Quinn #3 and Tec #850 are meaningless. 

Why Catwoman #89? (scrambles for a re-write). I already sold my Tec 850 at the last peak, so if we're changing it again - let me know! lol

1 hour ago, divad said:

Why Catwoman #89? (scrambles for a re-write). I already sold my Tec 850 at the last peak, so if we're changing it again - let me know! lol

Because it is the first time they appear as a team and even refer to themselves as one? 

1 hour ago, darkstar said:

Because it is the first time they appear as a team and even refer to themselves as one? 

Isn't it patently obvious that this cover is eponymous? (I'll wait for you to look up a couple of words on your phone . . . ) :grin:

s-l1600.jpg

Edited by divad

13 hours ago, krighton said:

Other than a rumored movie is there a reason Revival #2 1st print seems to sell better than the other titles in the series.

Krighton sighting!

My guess:

Revival 1 1st print - @ 18k print run

Revival 2 1st print - @ 10k print run

13 hours ago, krighton said:

Ive been out of it, so Thor God of Thunder is hot now?  NVM, i see it's a Venom thing.

It is a Venom thing, however, if yo're not reading it it's too bad, cuz Cates is killing it. Best book out in a long time. Really good reading!

1 hour ago, Hekla said:

Krighton sighting!

My guess:

Revival 1 1st print - @ 18k print run

Revival 2 1st print - @ 10k print run

I remember when Revival #2 came out and a large portion if the 1st printing was damaged, like close to half of it which was why the 2nd printing was rushed. Still don't get why anyone would care about the series anymore