• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

Yeah, no. The entire hobby knows that Hulk 180 is the true first appearance of Wolverine. You can make arguments for why Hulk 181 is more valuable ( Great first story; great cover, iconic confrontation with the Hulk; first "Full" appearance; historical preference, etc.). But what it absolutely is not, is the first appearance of Wolverine in a published comic book

Marvel Premiere 19, Daredevil 115, Thor 229. :baiting:

1 minute ago, FlyingDonut said:
9 hours ago, PhilipB2k17 said:

Yeah, no. The entire hobby knows that Hulk 180 is the true first appearance of Wolverine. You can make arguments for why Hulk 181 is more valuable ( Great first story; great cover, iconic confrontation with the Hulk; first "Full" appearance; historical preference, etc.). But what it absolutely is not, is the first appearance of Wolverine in a published comic book

Marvel Premiere 19, Daredevil 115, Thor 229. :baiting:

Once again, those ads for Hulk 181 didn't even predate 181, let alone 180.

I guess DC is censoring all future printings, which seems to have driven some additional interest in the book. But, I don't know how sustainable the price will be once people realize they spent $20-30 to see what Batman would have looked like in Oz (the prison). 

This may spark another debate about how differently male and female characters are portrayed, promoted and sold, but I don't see that having any sustainable effect on the secondary-market value of the book.

Edited by awakeintheashes

14 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

I guess DC is censoring all future printings, which seems to have driven some additional interest in the book. But, I don't know how sustainable the price will be once people realize they spent $20-30 to see what Batman would have looked like in Oz (the prison). 

Prices on ebay for it are insane right now. Up to $45 dollars for Cover A. 

:gossip: JFYI - DCBS still has both covers for $4.19 right now. 

5 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

Prices on ebay for it are insane right now. Up to $45 dollars for Cover A. 

:gossip: JFYI - DCBS still has both covers for $4.19 right now. 

No doubting it's hot. 

Is that for the 1st print or the 2nd printing?

1 minute ago, awakeintheashes said:

Yup, you're right. Looks to be 1st printing. Nice catch.

Im gonna buy a stack of both due to that price, but Im suspecting the price on ebay wont sustain with the print size on this. We'll see.

1 minute ago, kevhtx said:

Im gonna buy a stack of both due to that price, but Im suspecting the price on ebay wont sustain with the print size on this. We'll see.

Yeah, the current prices will be enjoyed by those who already have the books in hand. Still, I think you should make some profit at the $4.19 DCBS is charging

11 hours ago, followtheleader said:

I still think it's a shame about Thief of Thieves.  I enjoyed the recent issues.  I could see something coming from this in the future.  But not surprised it's a current dud with the horrible schedule. 

Manifest Destiny is the other side of the coin.   I read it, but it's clear that there wasn't a long term story beyond introducing new creatures with people dying.   

Patrick 

Thief of Thieves I am Pretty Sure is being optioned whether to AMC or Amazon..whatever.  It is a better series and I like the different arcs .  Kirkman   has stated stated went Walking dead was near the end one of his other works with a complete different genre was one he always wanted to help produce.  Anyway lets keep it to Moderns heating up, Batman's unit aside 

2 minutes ago, Jaydee said:

Thief of Thieves I am Pretty Sure is being optioned whether to AMC or Amazon..whatever.  It is a better series and I like the different arcs .  Kirkman   has stated stated went Walking dead was near the end one of his other works with a complete different genre was one he always wanted to help produce.  Anyway lets keep it to Moderns heating up, Batman's unit aside 

I have no idea what is happening with Thief of Thieves and its adaptation. Kirkman did Outcast last year and is helping to bring East of West to life on Amazon. There hasn't been a peep of motivation about bringing ToT to life. It's shame, but I'm excited to see what East of West is going to look like.

Edited by awakeintheashes

3 minutes ago, Jaydee said:

I think thats dead

2 hours ago, kevhtx said:
2 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

Yup, you're right. Looks to be 1st printing. Nice catch.

They aren't available at DCBS. While it shows the issue, you cannot add any quantity to your cart.