• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

This was the Direct version. It sold for $34, which is, frankly, astonishing. 

55 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Marvel was a complete and utter mess during this time period.

The way you say that suggests they got better after that. hmlol

45 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

This was the Direct version. It sold for $34, which is, frankly, astonishing. 

To say the least.

On September 22, 2018 at 12:06 AM, Michael Browning said:

With everything that features Carnage and Venom heating up, how long before Marvel UK’s Wildthing #1 and #2 gets hot?

Soon, I hope! I've been sitting on copies for decades.

:wishluck::headbang:

Edited by KEY ISSUES Comics
Typo

13 hours ago, FineCollector said:

I guess first appearance of that Skrull guy has dealers opening their boxes and pulling out later numbers of Hulks that have flown under the radar.  Cant see there being much outside of Thunderbolts to move the needle, but at least people are looking again.

It's a great cover! 

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 10:06 PM, Michael Browning said:

Yes, I am quite aware of that, but, if you will notice the sales, THIS comic's two versions have very different results -- and have for awhile. The newsstand version is quite a bit tougher to find than the direct sales version.

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 9:32 PM, Second Blight said:

Pretty much ALL Marvel books had Direct and Newsstand editions in the 90's  :roflmao:

As noted, not always at different prices, but also, if sales were below a certain level there were no newsstand versions. For example, Rob Liefield liked to claim that New Mutants was almost "direct only" when he took over sales stunk so bad, or at least that's what I read 5th hand.

1 hour ago, the blob said:

I've always thought it should sell for a little bit of a premium at least. I feel like it previously did at one point.

I looked in my bins and they're all gone. I think I had them priced around $6-10 prior to seeing this, so that's a premium, albeit lower than the current market value. I'll take it!

19 hours ago, KEY ISSUES Comics said:

I looked in my bins and they're all gone. I think I had them priced around $6-10 prior to seeing this, so that's a premium, albeit lower than the current market value. I'll take it!

really? I thought that was a book I'd see in dollar boxes (not the newsstand), but things change

1 hour ago, AGGIEZ said:

What book are you talking about?

Incredible Hulk #441

1 hour ago, the blob said:

really? I thought that was a book I'd see in dollar boxes (not the newsstand), but things change

KEY ISSUES Comics has a good eye for "what will be hot" in my experience buying from him. I regret not buying at least five issues from him that seemed a tad expensive at the time. They were a clear bargain within a year. But I only have eyes for the Gen13 #1 variant when it comes to Pulp Fiction homages. I usually flip past the 441.

39 minutes ago, Plantman said:

Incredible Hulk #441

KEY ISSUES Comics has a good eye for "what will be hot" in my experience buying from him. I regret not buying at least five issues from him that seemed a tad expensive at the time. They were a clear bargain within a year. But I only have eyes for the Gen13 #1 variant when it comes to Pulp Fiction homages. I usually flip past the 441.

I thought it should be $5-$10, which is why I bought it at $1 (maybe $2) whenever I saw it, I just didn't know it had gotten there

Edited by the blob

22 minutes ago, the blob said:

I thought it should be $5-$10, which is why I bought it at $1 (maybe $2) whenever I saw it, I just didn't know it had gotten there

The $34 sale is an outlier. It has gone up to about the $13 range. There are not many raws listed and that may have been the one in the best condition at the time of the auction.

4 hours ago, Plantman said:

Incredible Hulk #441

Hmmm... I'm curious now. Are you sure that was me? I don't do much business with folks outside of the Montreal area (at least not knowingly!). What did you buy from me? hm

Whether or not it was me, you tend to learn what kind of books are and will be in demand after doing this for decades. No one has a crystal ball, but you learn enough to be right more often than not!

8 minutes ago, Jackhartmann said:

DC Comics has informed comic book retailers that, as it stands, the sold-out-in-a-flash comic Batman: Damned #1 will not be reprinted. At all. SAw it spike after this. 

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/09/27/dc-comics-reprint-batman-damned-1-2-late/

Sorry, this topic has been closed for further discussion.

On 9/25/2018 at 8:37 PM, KEY ISSUES Comics said:

Hmmm... I'm curious now. Are you sure that was me? I don't do much business with folks outside of the Montreal area (at least not knowingly!). What did you buy from me? hm

Whether or not it was me, you tend to learn what kind of books are and will be in demand after doing this for decades. No one has a crystal ball, but you learn enough to be right more often than not!

I am fairly sure it was you. You had a booth at CAPE 2015 and CAPE 2017. I bought a Black Lightning #1 and Shazam #32 in 2015 plus ASM #149 and Detective Comics #566 in 2017 from you. My biggest regret is not buying your Venom Vs. Carnage mini-series in 2017! PM me if you want details of our conversations or a physical description of me.

Back to Batman Damned #1: right now 23 copies of this book occupy all 12 spots on Lyria Exchange's most active, modern age, popular keys blocked, non-CGC list. 

1 hour ago, Jackhartmann said:

DC Comics has informed comic book retailers that, as it stands, the sold-out-in-a-flash comic Batman: Damned #1 will not be reprinted. At all. SAw it spike after this. 

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/09/27/dc-comics-reprint-batman-damned-1-2-late/

DC consulted a mohel, who advised a cut off.