• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

On 8/4/2019 at 12:50 AM, followtheleader said:

Why Swamp Thing?  Had a crazy kid story in it.  Hard part is that it was super expensive when it came out (so it's essentially doubled in value).

Farmhand was in my pile to send down the chute.  Good to know that it's hot. 

Patrick

This has been selling well for months. Maybe the high price led to fewer initial orders, hence the need for a second print, which I actually see less of in the wild (has the vintage logo)

I’ve got to echo the popular sentiment that the current X story is looking to be pretty great. Solid spec titles in terms of content, I think in the long term, but I think the current sales reflect stores still not ordering enough for the interest. And the interest is to actually read this story, from what I can tell. Very refreshing. This arc has many who haven’t read an X title in years interested... personally, I fell off with the X titles just after Lemire’s Extraordinary run, but this has me hooked.

Also, Fried Pie variants of Coffin Bound are doing really well today.

Edited by BishopT

1 hour ago, Wolverinex said:

Anyone know why X266 is heating up recently?

Isn’t that a copper-age book? In any case, I don’t see the evidence it’s heating up... I saw a 9.8 sold in auction for $403 today on eBay. The 90 day average is $395, and the 12 month is $429... I am curious though if you’re seeing something different, I’ve got a couple copies I may be looking to sell.

9 hours ago, wiparker824 said:

Isn’t that a copper-age book? In any case, I don’t see the evidence it’s heating up... I saw a 9.8 sold in auction for $403 today on eBay. The 90 day average is $395, and the 12 month is $429... I am curious though if you’re seeing something different, I’ve got a couple copies I may be looking to sell.

I just saw it as number 6 on this list.

https://comics.gocollect.com/guide/hottest

2 hours ago, Wolverinex said:
11 hours ago, wiparker824 said:

Well, there's the problem.

2 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

I wouldn't say it's heating up based on that. Those are just the total number of sales volume. It's not based on price increase. From that same list you can see Boys #1 moved up 176 spots from the previous list. That would be considered heating up, if only based on volume of sales.

7 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

I wouldn't say it's heating up based on that. Those are just the total number of sales volume. It's not based on price increase. From that same list you can see Boys #1 moved up 176 spots from the previous list. That would be considered heating up, if only based on volume of sales.

Cool. It is essentially measuring market liquidity.

10 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Yeah, that's true.  This is the first time I've come across this website.  

4 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

Right, anything near the top you will have absolutely no problem selling. Just for how much is the thing.

The one I found interesting on the list was Moon Knight (series 1) #1 being ranked higher than WBN #32. 

I wonder if this could be used as a way to spot books that are ready to run up or fall in value based on demand?

1 minute ago, kimik said:

The one I found interesting on the list was Moon Knight (series 1) #1 being ranked higher than WBN #32. 

I wonder if this could be used as a way to spot books that are ready to run up or fall in value based on demand?

The hard thing to determine with that list is what has a value increase, not just sales. I'm not surprised more copies of MK #1 have sold than WWBN #32. Most casual collectors cannot afford a WWBN #32. Same with a book like Tomb of Dracula #10. That's why Blade #1 jumped up real quick after the new movie announcement.

4 hours ago, ygogolak said:

The hard thing to determine with that list is what has a value increase, not just sales. I'm not surprised more copies of MK #1 have sold than WWBN #32. Most casual collectors cannot afford a WWBN #32. Same with a book like Tomb of Dracula #10. That's why Blade #1 jumped up real quick after the new movie announcement.

Marvel Spotlight #28 (first MK solo story) should have its day soon too.

On 8/9/2019 at 8:22 AM, ygogolak said:

Right, anything near the top you will have absolutely no problem selling. Just for how much is the thing.

That's true of every comic published. 

And yes, there are buyers for every comic published (at least in the US.) 

On 8/8/2019 at 9:04 PM, Wolverinex said:

Anyone know why X266 is heating up recently?

It is selling well but not actually heating. I bought one recently for same reason that the general population is buying... 

Undervalued key of a cool character that has fallen in price significantly the past year. 

Now that Disney had rights its inevitable that he will be in an X men movie or even a solo down the road. 

X266 is a great book to buy right now at the going prices. 

2 hours ago, Shoomanfoo said:

It is selling well but not actually heating. I bought one recently for same reason that the general population is buying... 

Undervalued key of a cool character that has fallen in price significantly the past year. 

Now that Disney had rights its inevitable that he will be in an X men movie or even a solo down the road. 

X266 is a great book to buy right now at the going prices. 

Ahh.. its just undervalued right now.  Makes sense.... there's no question, Gambit will show up at some point.