• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Somebody missed the boat...:whistle:

More like willingly missed it and invested elsewhere. Would I like the money from this? Of course, duh. My issue is first all the pumpers were pushing 7 for months, and now suddenly they're all about 9. As of now, there's nothing more than hopes and dreams that she'll be in a TV show or movie down the line. Her last comic run was down to 17K by issue 2, and it ended at 9K at issue 12. So it's not like people are investing for the story. I got nothing against the character, and I hope for success, but I'm tired of this type spec. Lost too much money in the past by taking the advice of others without proper research.

9 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Yeah I cant find singles at all anymore for reasonable prices. 

They used to be $3-4 books in the 2000s.... they're easy money makers... the DC vs Marvel series from the 90s is also a solid seller

On 7/16/2020 at 6:43 PM, Rip said:

Can't believe Riri Williams is going so crazy right now.  I must of missed something, they mentioned a series on Disney + a while back..... how come its going for such fat cash now. 

And Venom 3.... same knew it was hot but didn't know its gone supernova. I was about to put a raw HG copy up for sale then my jaw dropped.

On 7/16/2020 at 7:02 PM, Tnexus said:

People pumping and dumping. The ones with the platform to sing their praises are also the ones selling their overstock.

14 hours ago, Tnexus said:

More like willingly missed it and invested elsewhere. Would I like the money from this? Of course, duh. My issue is first all the pumpers were pushing 7 for months, and now suddenly they're all about 9. As of now, there's nothing more than hopes and dreams that she'll be in a TV show or movie down the line. Her last comic run was down to 17K by issue 2, and it ended at 9K at issue 12. So it's not like people are investing for the story. I got nothing against the character, and I hope for success, but I'm tired of this type spec. Lost too much money in the past by taking the advice of others without proper research.

You seem to have some knowledge of the current market, yet don't understand that new characters have a much larger spread than what is between the comic cover. The new characters are here to stay and thus their values are adjusting.
Sorry to do this to you as it sounds like it mike make you blow a gasket.

outlawed.jpg

41 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

This ended badly for this guy. Dangers of speculation I guess. This is a complete HOAX, but had
some people going for a bit.  Don't really want to know the ends and outs of this. It just sickens me
that this is in our hobby.  

image.png.0287903250c35ead636ec23f3a97a3e7.png

Huh?