• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Maybe someone has inside info that it's been confirmed.

But even so, this book was published more than a decade after her first published appearance. Considering that this wasn't fully written by the creative team of Ms. Marvel, so we even know if Rogue was initially intended to be included in the issue of Ms Marvel that never saw print? Or is it possible she was included by the writers that completed the story?

Edited by GeeksAreMyPeeps

7 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Maybe someone has inside info that it's been confirmed.

Same site that said Pedro Pascal was quitting the Mandalorian? I've got copies, so happy with the price jump, just considering the source.

Edited by awakeintheashes

2 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

Same site that said Pedro Pascal was quitting the Mandalorian? I've got copies, so happy with the price jump, just considering the source.

PP is replaceable.. just a person reciting lines.. never get to see his face.. the Mando actor could be anyone

17 minutes ago, littledoom said:

PP is replaceable.. just a person reciting lines.. never get to see his face.. the Mando actor could be anyone

How does that have anything to do with a baseless rumor that said he walked off the show?

Facts are stubborn things...

Edited by awakeintheashes

20 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

How does that have anything to do with a baseless rumor that said he walked off the show?

Facts are stubborn things...

Because the scoop they had was that another actor was hired to play the Mandolorean character. Which was accurate. Did they jump the gun and assume he quit? Yes. Does this demonstrate they do in fact get insider information? Yes.

2 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

But even so, this book was published more than a decade after her first published appearance. Considering that this wasn't fully written by the creative team of Ms. Marvel, so we even know if Rogue was initially intended to be included in the issue of Ms Marvel that never saw print? Or is it possible she was included by the writers that completed the story?

The Ms. Marvel story has two parts. The first part is the inventoried content with a complete story that would have been published 13 years earlier had the series not been cancelled. The second part is the additional content tacked on to the end that was created for MSH #11 to bridge the gap between (what should have been) Ms. Marvel #25 and Avengers Annual #10. Rogue appeared (briefly) in the inventoried story.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

Because the scoop they had was that another actor was hired to play the Mandolorean character. Which was accurate. Did they jump the gun and assume he quit? Yes. Does this demonstrate they do in fact get insider information? Yes.

If their "scoop" is going to drive up the price of my books, I'm cool with that, but I'm not going to try to thread the needle to prove they have a great track record. 

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

Regardless, this doesn't make the previous comment any more relevant.

13 hours ago, followtheleader said:

Last Ronin #1 seems like it will have some longevity. 

Went into the shop tonight for new books and people were calling and walking in asking for it.  Like it just came out today.  

#2 is going to be madness. 

Patrick

The print run will tell us alot. I think there will be a huge difference between 1 and 2 which indicates large speculation.

If the print run is closer that tells us people bought it to read and continuing. 

Edited by fastballspecial

On Last Ronin and print run - I've seen #'s when there is a variant or two, but wasn't there something like 60 for this one? I'd assume there is a minimum of (shot in the dark) 750 for a variant. That's 45,000 right there. I don't think variants affect the first print/first cover value much, but you'd think it would help the overall availability of most everyone getting one to read....

On 11/18/2020 at 10:14 PM, followtheleader said:

Last Ronin #1 seems like it will have some longevity. 

Went into the shop tonight for new books and people were calling and walking in asking for it.  Like it just came out today.  

#2 is going to be madness. 

Patrick

I agree.  Still holding strong at  30  dollars... a customer was also asking for the 2nd print of The Last Ronin at my LCS as well.  Looks like it may have legs.