• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, Corona smith said:

Because he’s been nonstop pumping the book and others have also said something about it, I’m not the first. 

So let him. The book isn't rare everyone here knows it. Nobody cares. 
I just go right by it. The price will fall as the money brings out more copies.

The mods can take care of it if it gets too bad. 

53 minutes ago, Corona smith said:

Because he’s been nonstop pumping the book and others have also said something about it, I’m not the first. 

At the end of the day I can care less about what you think. I also think its a BS book.  I just like seeing things explode if I have the book or not.  What I am is a Miles fan and unapologetic about it. I have plenty of other books on this thread that has been discussed you want me to talk about them.  I have a better idea, you pick the topic. I broke no rules, I didn't disrespect anyone here or said anything wrong. You sound mad bro. Did your team lose on Sunday? Don't worry buddy since you are sensitive I won't talk about it anymore. 

3 hours ago, Corona smith said:
4 hours ago, carter3175 said:

So let me explain it.  There was 5 copies listed at the time.  Out of those 5 he had the only auction going, so all of the bids were getting funneled to him.  It shot out of the gate like a canon for him and as soon as the other copy got listed he took a hit on momentum. Bad for him, great for everyone else.  Lets not act like you wouldn't be disappointed if that were to happen to you.

Tbh I’m sick of hearing about the book you have for sale. Take it to a sales thread. 

I haven't read everything here, but where is this coming from Mr. Smith? (Bad manners at best.)

2 hours ago, Corona smith said:

Let him self-destruct then, if that's the case.

I never pump a book (I pump myself!) lol

1 hour ago, Corona smith said:

I’m not your bro and you’ve been pumping the book for weeks. Maybe take it to the appropriate thread if you want to draw attention to it. I get sick of seeing it. 

Must not have been hugged enough as a child.  For the sake of everyone here I'm going to let this go and move on.  You can have the last word bro, I  won't respond. The floor is yours.

9 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

That really uncalled for. I talk about books I sell here all the time. Why is he different?

Books you have for sale? Or books you sold that are hot, which is the point of the thread?

You get upset when some other people go on and on about things, so why is it okay for others to continuously pump a book that has already been mentioned and that we already know is hot?

3 hours ago, Lazyboy said:
13 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

That really uncalled for. I talk about books I sell here all the time. Why is he different?

Books you have for sale? Or books you sold that are hot, which is the point of the thread?

You get upset when some other people go on and on about things, so why is it okay for others to continuously pump a book that has already been mentioned and that we already know is hot?

Tomato/Tomatoe

I didn't get upset about I just said the mods can handle if it gets out of control. 
Personal attacks over that just struck me as flat rude. Maybe it was justified. (shrug)

Discussion is discussion. Most of us are smart enough to just to ignore the hyperbole. 
There is enough variety of topic here that his discussion points weren't really a problem
or spamming the thread. 

Although since I am not as toxic as others it doesn't bother me as much. 

Edited by fastballspecial

On 12/11/2020 at 9:03 PM, BrooksR said:

Luke is out there... wouldn’t he be the obvious choice? 

sure, but bringing him in seems odd because its kind of odd to talk about how ren was his apprenice at jedi school and skim over the fact that there was a baby yoda there too. ren should be what, about 10 or 13 when this is going down? so I guess ren may have killed a 60 year old baby yoda too. i dunno. kind of anti climactic if baby yoda just gets killed by ren while in training, but we do need to explain why it seems like ahsoka, ezra, and baby yoda are all gone by the time force awakens happens.   of course, it does seem odd that the whole new hope triliogy happens without ahsoka and ezra, but they had not been imagined yet...although one between aksoka and ezra, one of them has already rejected the job opportunity, but wasn't ezra pretty powerful by the end of legends? I have to admit that I watched them half asleep (or fully asleep) with my kids, so a lot of plot lines did not get into my brain. fact is, they never made it clear how many jedi were floating around after the empire. they were hunting them down, but there were like 100 of them. Clearly ahsoka knows there are more than a few left, just not many.

12 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

So let him. The book isn't rare everyone here knows it. Nobody cares. 
I just go right by it. The price will fall as the money brings out more copies.

The mods can take care of it if it gets too bad. 

Yup. Let him pump. Unless there's a preview of the actual story in the preview comic, like some pages or whatever, I don't get too excited about it. folks get excited about malibu sun because there are a trillion copies of Spawn 1 out there (ok, newsstands and some other variation might be harder to find), so the spawn 1st is watered down, but UF 4, just a regular number I suppose. It's not a first appearance because it isn't a comic. But to a fan of the character, it is something of interest. But if there was a magazine article hyping some new character 2 weeks before publication and they had a picture, would that be a 1st app? Comics Reader had some cover appearances of characters pre-publication, like Black Lightening...cool, but not a genuine 1st appearance, just like an ad or "coming next month" image is not. i'm still going to try and get as much as I can for my copy!

19 minutes ago, the blob said:

sure, but bringing him in seems odd because its kind of odd to talk about how ren was his apprenice at jedi school and skim over the fact that there was a baby yoda there too...

This is the main thing that bothers me about the sequels and prequels, it used to make so much sense in the original movies when luke and leia were the last and vader didn’t know about them. Now it feels like a mess.

27 minutes ago, the blob said:

sure, but bringing him in seems odd because its kind of odd to talk about how ren was his apprenice at jedi school and skim over the fact that there was a baby yoda there too. ren should be what, about 10 or 13 when this is going down? so I guess ren may have killed a 60 year old baby yoda too. i dunno. kind of anti climactic if baby yoda just gets killed by ren while in training, but we do need to explain why it seems like ahsoka, ezra, and baby yoda are all gone by the time force awakens happens.   of course, it does seem odd that the whole new hope triliogy happens without ahsoka and ezra, but they had not been imagined yet...although one between aksoka and ezra, one of them has already rejected the job opportunity, but wasn't ezra pretty powerful by the end of legends? I have to admit that I watched them half asleep (or fully asleep) with my kids, so a lot of plot lines did not get into my brain. fact is, they never made it clear how many jedi were floating around after the empire. they were hunting them down, but there were like 100 of them. Clearly ahsoka knows there are more than a few left, just not many.

Ben solo is about 5 by the time Mando happens. During Mando, there are two Jedi confirmed alive - Ahsoka and Luke. There are a couple rumored to still be floating around - Ezra, Cal Kestis and maybe Quinlan Vos. I don't think there are anywhere near 100 Jedi that survived Order 66 and the subsequent purge. Vader, the Inquisitors and Purge Troopers hunted most of them down.

Ezra's voice was the only well-known voice not heard during the "voices of Jedi past" scene in Rise of Skywalker. Even Kanan's voice was included. Some think this means that he is still alive during the time of the Sequels. The Skywalker saga is just a small blip in the grand scheme of the Jedi vs Sith battle in SW. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

6 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

Ben solo is about 5 by the time Mando happens. During Mando, there are two Jedi confirmed alive - Ahsoka and Luke. There are a couple rumored to still be floating around - Ezra, Cal Kestis and maybe Quinlan Vos. I don't think there are anywhere near 100 Jedi that survived Order 66 and the subsequent purge. Vader, the Inquisitors and Purge Troopers hunted most of them down.

Ezra's voice was the only voice not heard during the "voices of Jedi past" scene in Rise of Skywalker. Some think this means that he is still alive during the time of the Sequels. The Skywalker saga is just a small blip in the grand scheme of the Jedi vs Sith battle in SW. 

About 100 survived 66. Vader and the inquisitors spent years hunting them down. So yes, by now who knows how many.

Just now, the blob said:

Plus, after endor the Empire is still fighting for a bit. It makes sense that most of the folks in mandelorian don't believe it is gone

True. Plus it takes place in the Outer Rim where neither Empire or Republic were able to fully control, so it's definitely fertile ground for the Empire to retreat and regroup.