• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

I haven't been paying attention Batman since rebirth. How has Ghost Maker been received? More Punchline or more Clownhunter?

IMO:

Punchline = Unbelievably boring character.  Harley-lite.

Clownhunter = Intriguing character.  Could either be huge in the future or will be a one hit wonder.  Agree w/ an earlier poster, it's a new Robin. 

Ghost Maker = Though the retconning/faux history is a little ehhh, he definitely has the possibility of being a fun and long term character.  It's Batman w/ super tech and no scruples. 

Patrick 

7 hours ago, followtheleader said:

IMO:

Clownhunter = Intriguing character.  Could either be huge in the future or will be a one hit wonder.  Agree w/ an earlier poster, it's a new Robin. 

Ghost Maker = Though the retconning/faux history is a little ehhh, he definitely has the possibility of being a fun and long term character.  It's Batman w/ super tech and no scruples. 

Patrick 

The GM seems like a high tech Azrael

Edited by Jitstark

14 hours ago, followtheleader said:

IMO:

Patrick 

I think Punchline is going to be more important as Tynion moves forward. He has hinted at the character evolving over the next year. 

Re: Clownhunter, they are setting him up to be new Robin (especially now with Damian becoming a Pirate or Arya Stark - check out his new costume), but I am wonder if it will be for Ghost Maker and not Batman?

Ghost Maker is going to be fun. At some point he and Bruce are going to have a blow out, and it will be interesting to see what happens then. In any case, it looks like a new hero that is here to stay.

Jorge Jimenez posted this on Twitter yesterday. I am curious to see how big of a role the Tim Fox Batman plays in the new DCU. He is in the picture based on this, at least, and Tynion had this to say recently

https://www.cbr.com/future-states-next-batman-new-dc-universe/

2021 will be the year of Batman series, a new stage, a new adventure, new characters that are yet to come, it begins on March 2, See you there, my friends! #batman

Edited by kimik

4 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:
10 minutes ago, 500Club said:

Needs time.  Deadpool was Deathstroke-lite at first.

That wasn't time. That was the result of a competent writer developing the character.

That's part of the process, when I say 'needs time'.  These characters change and develop at the hands of the creators who handle them.

You didn't think I meant we could just wait five years, and magically we'd see things differently, did you? :baiting:

18 hours ago, followtheleader said:

It's a killer cover.  Feel like the window reflection may be more important than we realize. 

Patrick

I dunno what is going on in immortal hulk, him reflecting as banner, does that tie in to the story? I'll read it as I am always fond of Ben Grimm and anyone else team ups. I was so fond of old ben as a kid that i actually got a subscription to The Thing .. with Alpha Flight and X-Men -- I think Marvel was doing something crazy like 3 one year subs for $12 or something.

I think it will have better legs than the Dell'Otto Thor 6. That book was released during peak Thor hype, and it does not feature a female character. 

Edited by kimik

7 hours ago, 500Club said:

That's part of the process, when I say 'needs time'.  These characters change and develop at the hands of the creators who handle them.

You didn't think I meant we could just wait five years, and magically we'd see things differently, did you? :baiting:

A lot of people have strange ideas about how things work. I'm only going on what you presented.